Turn Signal Problem -- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spike Strip

Goblin Mode Activated
SILVER Star
Threads
My turn signals were intermittently going out, so thought I'd replace the flasher.

When removing the flasher, I saw that a jumper wire had been installed from the 20A Rear Window Defogger fuse, to the + terminal (#3, in pic) of the flasher. I removed it, thinking it has something to do with the blown fuse link I had found and repaired (that also had been bypassed).

Now, with a good flasher (tested) I'm not getting any turn signals or Hazard lights. Jumper seems to be to get power to the circuit ...

How do I start to look for why it's not getting power? I checked all fuses. Tested Flasher.

Sorry, but auto electric is my very weak point.

:):)

EDIT: Getting power at the Turn Signal fuse...
turn signal flasher.JPG

Last edited:
My best, and the advice I always give when troubleshooting electrical... Split the circuit in half and test one side.

Start at the fuse. Do you have power there? yes? move to the flasher - do you have power there? yes, go to the tail light, have power there? yes - then it's your ground.

Start at the fuse - power? no - then it's between the battery and the fuse
Have power at the fuse, but not at the flasher? then you know it's between the fuse and the flasher - so what is between there? the switch...
Have power at the flasher but not at the light - then it's the wire between the flasher and the light...

Chances are you have a bad ground somewhere... but split the system up to find the problem...

MMM, that's great advice -- I have power at the fuse but not the flasher... I'm leaning toward the switch... Which would explain why someone put a jumper wire there ...
Am going to test the switch tomorrow.

Thanks much,

S.

It was the switch -- Plugged a borrowed one into the harness and I GOT BLINKING LIGHTS !!

Can't see anything obviously wrong with the switch -- maybe a short?

Thanks for the help MrMM...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom