turn signal lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I always thought LC turn signal lamp and side markers are reverse fitted. Can the turn signal lights socket to be pulled from current location and plug into the side marker lens or is it different? I have seen some mods to add turn signals to the side marker by cutting the housing and adding a bulb.

Adrian,

I'm not 100% sure (not having a manual at hand) but I think most side markers' are wedge based bulbs vs the regular turn signals' 1156 ones. You could modify the wirings for the side markers to blink along with turn signals though.

Frank.

You do not need to cut up the marker. You can replace the socket with one that holds an 1157.

Let me get this straight. So for the side marker and turn signal lamps, all you have to do is swap the socket to make sure the side marker ones fit turn signal and vise versa?

No,

The turns are 1156 bulbs, the sockets are single filiment. The markers are a wedge base 194 type. The base of the marker socket is large and you can fit a tail lamp socket that holds an 1157 or 3157 in the hole. Those are dual filiment bulbs. I have mine set up as a marker and a blinker. I spliced into the turn signal lamp wires. I used Tundra tail lamp sockets.

I am sorry if I confused you. I am talking about the front end. Turn signal light right below the headlight, I want that to be parking light, and parking light(next to headlight) to be the turn signal lamp.
Is it the same socket to swap if the wire is long enough?

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=12999;start=msg120179#msg120179 date=1079127895]
No,

The turns are 1156 bulbs, the sockets are single filiment. The markers are a wedge base 194 type. The base of the marker socket is large and you can fit a tail lamp socket that holds an 1157 or 3157 in the hole. Those are dual filiment bulbs. I have mine set up as a marker and a blinker. I spliced into the turn signal lamp wires. I used Tundra tail lamp sockets.
[/quote]

jeeze dan -- how does your family deal with this obsession?

e

[quote author=erics_bruiser link=board=2;threadid=12999;start=msg120198#msg120198 date=1079130409]
jeeze dan -- how does your family deal with this obsession?

e
[/quote]

Well, I show them a picture of your bathtub and they leave me alone :D

[quote author=MNCruiser link=board=2;threadid=12999;start=msg120195#msg120195 date=1079130286]
I am sorry if I confused you. I am talking about the front end. Turn signal light right below the headlight, I want that to be parking light, and parking light(next to headlight) to be the turn signal lamp.
Is it the same socket to swap if the wire is long enough?
[/quote]

It is possible to put the turn signal socket in the marker and the marker socket in the turn signal. You would need to add to the wires on both to make the trip. I would not suggest that you make the marker a turn signal-only lamp. DOT stipulates that you need a side-facing marker, if you convert it to a turn-only you will not have one. Your front quater then becomes dark at night and you may not be seen under certain conditions.
I doubt that you would get a ticket but you might get hit if some body is not paying close attention.

D-

>> Well, I show them a picture of your bathtub and they leave me alone <<

ROTFLMAO :D

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom