Turn signal issue-Both sides with left turn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

desmocruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
I am experiencing an odd turn signal issue.

When I move stalk down to turn left both sides begin to flash, also intermittently the right side arrow will light solid as I am driving.

• I have switched out the flasher unit from my other 80 that is working without issue.

• I have removed both the front and rear bulb, both are good and removal doesn’t change the issue. I do not have Leds, just traditional incandescent.

• I Sprayed some electrical cleaner under the clamshell around the turn signal stalk. All other functions work perfectly, right turn headlights, high beams.

My suspicion is the switch has developed a short internally within the switch? Any experiences in how this part begins to fail?

Interestingly, the truck just made 1600 miles this past week through and from Colorado back to TN without any issues (other than replacing one of the batteries) after sitting in dry storage since Cruise Moab 19’!!

Thanks!

Yes, I did a search and unfortunately couldn’t find a similar issue (Maybe someone will be better than me with search?)

Likely a ground wire has become corroded or disconnected.

Thanks, it was a very sudden Development during a 3 mile drive, started with the intermittent right arrow on solid and went to left turn makes both sides flash, front and rear.

Any particular place you would recommend to begin the search?

Any particular place you would recommend to begin the search?

I'm not that familiar with the wiring, but the obvious answer is near the turn signals, front and rear. And I wouldn't stop looking if I found a bad connection, there may be more.

Great suggestion!

Fixed the signal light issue, appears there is a slight leak in/near the D pillar trim. Water ran into the trailer wiring harness, which appeared in good shape other than the water that had leaked in creating a ground issue!!!

Now to find the compromise on the D pillar trim and underneath that allowed the minor leak!!!

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom