Turkey sandwich run 2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.markkuz.com
It has been 7 years since the first and only Turkey Sandwich Run and I am bringing it BACK!

Here is a link to the 2007 Turkey sandwich run.

So Saturday November 29th I will be hosting a day run and I recommend you bring your left over turkey for a Turkey Sandwiche lunch.

First off we will head up to SRTT and do this run in and out.

Next we will go down to Upper Coyote trail and out to Baley's Cabin.
Map of Coyote Canyon

I have not done either of these trails so I will lean on those of you who have done them.

Date: November 29
Meeting Time: 8:30am

Meeting Location:
DQ Grill & Chill Restaurant (Gas station next door)
56265 State Highway 371
Anza, CA 92539

CB Chanel: 29 (For the Date?)

HAM Chanel: 147.540

Attendies:
Mark (Bluetribal) 96 80 Series
Karlos 97 LX450
Co-worker in a Heep (Might Flake)
Eric (SD native) 100 Series
Mo & Son (SloMo) 97 80 Series
?Nathan? +4 (FJRanger) 94 80 Series

Last edited:
We may be up for this, depending the weekends events.

Unless family or work intervene I am in. Will probably camp out night before on Palomar or somewhere close.

I was just thinking about this area. Maybe Santa Rosa TT then UCC.

I am very interested, thanks for bringing this back Mark!

Shoot - if I were in town longer, I'd have loved to do this, and like Dan camp out somewhere Friday. As it is, new job over in Scottsdale will have me there from the 16th thru the 25th then here until the 30th and back to Scottsdale. Not fair to the family to do this run given the amount of time I'll be home. Have fun!! I to have never done upper Coyote to Bailey's!

Here are a couple pics from a few years ago. We did SRTT then UCC as they are very close to each other. It was interesting going from 8000'+ down to whatever Bailey's cabin is.

DSC_3606.jpg

DSC_3610.jpg

DSC_3598.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

Horse canyon at night, fun!

DSC_3624.jpg

Santa Rosa Truck Trail sounds like a cool trail to.
So I am just starting my research but both trails appear to dead end so you come back out the way you came in Correct?
Upper Coyote does seem to have a loop in it so you don't have to go back the entire way.

Last edited:
You can do sawmill up and come down srtt but sawmill is fairly technical and brush can be tight.

UCC is pretty much in and out.

Saw Mill sounds fun, I haven't run that one. But I don't mind adding more desert pin-striping. :grinpimp:

Anyone camping Friday night? Thinking about taking the family for an overnight Friday someplace.

I am digging Santa Rosa Truck Trail and think we should hit that trail before Upper Coyote Canyon.

Does anyone have coordinates for Sawmill Trail, I can't figure out where this trail is located and how it ties into SRTT

OK, I think this is the entrance to Sawmill:
San Bernardino National Forest
Pinon Flats Transfer Station Rd
Mountain Center, CA 92561

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom