Turf and surf 2019 dates? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
According to the web site it is being held a week before Veterans Day this year. Is this correct? If so probably going to cut down attendance for those of us with kids that need to be home Thursday night or have the holiday as a 3 day weekend.

Yes, that is correct as posted on the TLCA's facebook group event

Yes, you loose the extra day however there are less people on the dunes making it a safer weekend. When it has been held on Veterans day weekend the dunes sell out and it is packed to the limit. With less people you have less chances of accidents.

You are absolutely right, but if its a less busy weekend then there is less of a chance of an accident, especially with our slow cruisers out there.

Re-Post from the Friends of Oceano Dunes @friendsofoceanodunes

IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT

The Coastal Commission is about to ruin your Holidays at the Oceano Dunes. Summer vacations will be taking a big hit too!

If you have camping reservations for Thanksgiving and/or New Year’s or ANY time after July 11th 2019 at the ODSVRA I suggest you make a back-up plan. 300 camping reservations will be taken away starting July 11, 2019.
That’s right 300 campers will have to stay home. Who’s going to give up their reservation?

Of course all of this is subject to being able to cross the creek. Once the creek is flowing to the ocean, camping will be halted. At least the 700 who make it across the creek will get a quiet night’s sleep since night riding will be prohibited.

The Coastal Commission wants to:

“Users are not allowed to the southern side of the creek area when the creek may soon connect to the ocean”

“700 camping units per night as of July 11, 2019”

“All vehicular and OHV activity within ODSVRA shall be prohibited during nighttime hours (i.e., from one-hour after sunset and to one-hour before sunrise)”

The time is now to get involved!

1) Attend the Coastal Commission and speak up. ---This one is important
Date: Thursday, July 11th
Time: 9 am (show up early)
333 Madonna Road, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405

2) Email your comments to the Commission at OceanoDunesReview@coastal.ca.gov because you know they’d LOVE to hear from you. In addition to your thoughts tell them they need to protect your rights for camping AND OHV use via the Coastal Act.

3) Give ‘em a ring at (831) 427-4863

4) Even send a fax (831) 427-4877

Let State Parks know what you think too! It's time Parks stops rolling over and stands their ground. You can email Parks here:

Lisa.Mangat@parks.ca.gov
dan.canfield@parks.ca.gov
OHVInfo_OHV@parks.ca.gov
Jim@oceanodunes.org#friendsofoceanodunes#oceanodunessvra #pismodunes

They really are pushing tourism out. Close Pismo and I have zero reason or interest in going back to Cali...

I can't imagine how much revenue between Pismo, Oceano and other surrounding areas would they end up losing.
I won't have any reason to visit that place if they shut it down for good, maybe head down south?

the Mojave trail MIGHT be the only thing that might entice me to come back

the Mojave trail MIGHT be the only thing that might entice me to come back

What about Death Valley? The Sierras? The only reason I moved back to Cali was for the geography, and work paid me to move. Now Im trying to find me way out.

Looks like the Dunes are closed now, stupid people couldn't take of things. Very Sad

Jawbone Canyon area for camping and Last Chance Canyon area for wheeling

Let’s sign this petition and try to save Pismo beach from closing down by the coastal commission. This is a fun playground for all and a great place for all of us to meet and talk crusiers.
Sign it and pass it along to everyone you may know who loves camping and or playing in Pismo.

this is the camping location of the now mythical Step~Cal FJ's Spring Fling event. Trails in the area for all abilities, a pooper shack not to far away and free.. 35°19'24.5"N 118°04'39.1"W .. easy trails to Isabella Lake,... Last Chance Canyon trail isn't far for easy to intermediate... i know there are some harder trails but can't remember the names of them

So is it awnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ???

Got my reservation for camping!! Psyched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom