1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turboglide Turbos??? Anyone know about these?

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by In2cruisers, Feb 24, 2007.

1. In2cruisers

In2cruisers

Normandy Park Wa. ........now in San Diego Ca.
    Does anyone know anything about these kits? Scale of 1-10 ??

Turboglide turbo for 2H
    FEATURES:

Turbo is a genuine Garrett Hi Flow GT28 (Rated to 4.7L and also utilised on Winnebago and Swagman motorhomes up to 6 tonne in weight)
    Turbine housing is high nickel content and turbine wheel is of lightweight incanell material
    Turbo has integrated wastegate
    High quality, thoroughly tested, well trusted turbocharger kit (http://www.turboglide.com.au/)
    Easy straight forward fitment (however we recommend competent persons trained in turbocharger fitment and tuning carry out all fitting)
    Manifold supplied in kit
    Easy oil drain setup into rear cam follower sideplate
    Fit up time - 3.5 to 4.5 hours
    Fitting instructions provided
    Stainless braided oil supply line
    Silicone joiner hoses
    Silicone oil drain
    Clamps supplied
    Everything you require for underbonnet installation is in the kit (exhaust not included)

Watercooling
    Watercooling of turbo is not required in diesel applications due to low exhaust gas temperatures of diesel combustion process (However watercooling is optional if still sought).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dingo Chaser

Dingo Chaser

Gotta be better than the MTQ crap.

3. Jan-78FJ40

Jan-78FJ40

do a search for turbo glide or turboglide. many people have used them. I have one on my HJ60 and love it. lots of info out there.
    If you chose to go that route, pm me. I have some hints that'll make the install easier.
    cheers,
    j

4. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

I install one in a 3B buddy engine years ( at least 6 ) agoo the turbo was incredible .. but nothing special compared to AXT or Safari .. if you ask me ..

If is my money I will go with the best price option ..

5. Spore

Spore

I have an axt turbo on my 3b and it performs great - night and day difference compared to normally aspirated. I have heard good things about turboglides, but have also heard that axt is better. I have not compared the two myself. It also does appear from your pics that the axt is much larger. If $$ is a big issue, I'd go with the turboglide - I think they are a bit cheaper, but I'd research that if I was you.

6. Jan-78FJ40

Jan-78FJ40

but size of a turbo is really not an indicator for quality-it has to be matched to the engine. the turbo glide is a garret 28 which is perfect for the 4 liter 2H engine. actually I think the axt is the same turbo, but I am not sure about that.
    j

7. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

I thought is a hybrid T3/T4 but close the same ..