Turboed 1hz105 series landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hay ladies and gent's

I have recently had my 2002 toyota landcruser 105 series turbo I was unlucky and got struck by cowboy tuners they fitted a boost tee and sed that the engine was at it happiest running 16pound boost now I have fitted a couple of different boost gauges and there saying it's running 19 pounds boost I know I can Wind the boost back off to the turbo original boost setting was wondering how to go about backing the fuel carnt afford to send it in to get a proper tune just yet

Hay ladies and gent's

I have recently had my 2002 toyota landcruser 105 series turbo I was unlucky and got struck by cowboy tuners they fitted a boost tee and sed that the engine was at it happiest running 16pound boost now I have fitted a couple of different boost gauges and there saying it's running 19 pounds boost I know I can Wind the boost back off to the turbo original boost setting was wondering how to go about backing the fuel carnt afford to send it in to get a proper tune just yet
Run it on the lowest boost available before you destroy the engine. Once you have cash take it to an expert. Turbo is 1HZ killer. In Australia there is shop named berrima diesel, take it to them Here is their YouTube channel.

Run it on the lowest boost available before you destroy the engine. Once you have cash take it to an expert. Turbo is 1HZ killer. In Australia there is shop named berrima diesel, take it to them Here is their YouTube channel.
Boost isn't the killer of these engines, too much fuel is. Also Berrima diesel is the last place you want to go for advise, take it to an actual diesel expert

Last edited:
Boost won't hurt your engine, a hot tune will. get a pyrometer and a competent tuner and 19 psi won't hurt the 1HZ

Yep, get pyro and boost gauges first. An aftermarket engine coolant gauge helps, too. Then, do some reading on how to adjust the fueling on the injection pump. Keep your eye on EGTs, engine coolant temps, and exhaust (aim for no black smoke).

Fuel screw (Lynchmob posted this on another thread):

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom