1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo'd supra or turbo'd 300z?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by concretejungle, Aug 4, 2005.

1. concretejungle

concretejungle SILVER Star

I know this is a Toyota enthusiast board, but i was curious on everyone's take for this. Lets say the cars are of similar model year and are in similar shape as far as mechanics and such. Would you rather have a twin turbo 300z or a turbo supra (not sure if the supras were twin turbo or just a single turbo)?

2. MiniPigg

MiniPigg

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd take a 1994ish Twin Turbo Supra. but I like the looks more of the Nissan Twin Turbo 300ZX. They look very very similar to the older Porsche 924 GTS/GTR with lex headlamps. GTS was made in late 1970's. Twin Turbo Z car was a few years later.

3. Magoo

Magoo

supra for sure
    93 twin boosted RX-7 over all though.that car will kill the wrong driver.just retarded fast.

4. brian

brian SILVER Star

it's hard to be supraman in anything other than a supra....

5. aamiggia

aamiggia

Supra hands down. Just make sure you change out the wing. They started the crazy with the Supra wing, but it is seriously played.

The cover of Sport Compact this month has 3 cars in the 1000+ Hp club. All three cars are Supra's :cool:

6. LX_TREME

LX_TREME

I used to own both '90 Z32 TwinTurbo and '95 Supra TT.Sold both :crybaby:
    The Z i got up to 468Hp Stage 5 (No Juice/Nos):http://www.stillen.com/ while the Supra about 420hp http://www.rodmillen.com/.Stock Turbos also No NOS.
    The Z sukz 'coz the weight distribution 55/45 and too light (weight)in the back, and forget about the DRAG once you launch you'll just sittin there with spinning tires.On the freeway/highway driving DON'T Underestimate the TwinTurbo Z.I did 155mph on the highway felt nothing inside the car.Of course with full aerodynamics and suspension work done.Here couple old pics...miss'em very much :frown: Last pic i was right behind one my buddys azz (Gemballa Porsche)..Move over you slow piece of shutzzz :flipoff2:

7. Magoo

Magoo

all i can say is "DAAANNGGG"

8. concretejungle

They seem like pretty well matched cars. I saw a supra with over 1100 HP. That thing was stupid fast. Problem was when the guy would get in the gas, no matter what gear he was in, the tires would just spin. Hard to keep it hooked up. Imagine a 1000+ hp supra with all wheel drive!!

9. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

mmm rx 7

i'd take neither of the boulovard cruisers ;)

10. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

I had a buddy that worked for a engine research facility in Ann Arbor. They dynoed engines and, among other things, tried to find failure points.

The rotary 13B and 300ZX engine would not fail. he said they were by far the toughest engines he had ever seen go through the place. He did not test a 2JZ or 7M-GTE to my knowledge.

They couldn't get a ZR-1 Corvette enigne to survive the break in procedure. ;)

I would go for a Supra myself. I-6 is a quality engine design. Huge amounts of power available. The 300ZX is a PIA to work on. The oil filter alone will give you fits. The rotary is cool, but short lived and floods easily. I loved my RX-7, but given the choice, I would take a Supra.

11. reffug

reffug

Your all idiots, good night Selma..............................

oh yaa **** u and da horse u rode in on

12. concretejungle

Dude, did you get into the paint :confused:

13. folsom50

folsom50

Media:
    LOL! :confused:

Supra, hands down if I was choosin'

14. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

supra's are I6's? i thought they were V6's... hmm my respect has grown for them

15. BMAN

BMAN

Media:
    Albums:
    Supra hands down! Do a search for "Getaway in stockholm 2" with the supra and the cosworth on Limewire. Be patient during download and then enjoy your ass off for 27 minutes. You will soon agree with me.

16. elum

elum

dude i've recently been thinking the same thing. I'd go with the Supra.. however.. realisitically the Supras cost way more.. but have a lot more potential as well.. for the Money I'd get a '93+ RX-7... but what I did get and will get again is a Subaru!!!

17. mot

mot

I'd take the Supra for the power, but the Z for it's styling, both exterior and interior. But you would not get the back seat with the Z if you opt for the TT, whereas you get one (although small) in the Supra, TT or NA.

Now, the RX-7 would be more fun than those in the twisty stuff, but still, the Z would do me just fine. ;)

I've always been fond of its appearance(sp), even over the new Z. But I'm sure that I could learn to love the Supra if someone gave it to me. :D

My $0.02

Mot

18. tabraha

tabraha Hello My Name is: TAD SILVER Star

I'll go with the Supra. Easy to upgrade, rock solid platform. Definitely proven. If the 300's were easier to upgrade/convert and deal with there'd be alot more of them running around upgraded.