For Sale Turbocharger for 3b (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AAgh! Why, in my 2 years of researching turbo kits for the 3B did this post never pop up. Are you still putting these kits together? Gotta get one, once the dust settles on this whole virus thing.
cheers
Theodore

PM me. I'm out all day today but will be back this evening. Text is good too but I'll be out of cell reception as well.
Cheers
Greg
778-549-6541

I’ve never had a pump rebuilt. I’ve always been content with the stock pumps ability. If your considering high power for the engine I would strongly suggest an intercooler and retarding your timing.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm assuming that you've never had any issues with the pneumatic governor either which was another concern they had when they learned I was adding the turbo. Maybe they are overthinking it too much with fuel and boost. My whole goal is not to win any races or tow anything I just wanted to make the 3B significantly more drivable. Sounds like a normal rebuild without much change will work well. I am going to try to figure out an intercooler since I live in the mountains and want to prevent the head from cracking again, but space is tight in the narrow nose 70 series so I don't have a solid plan for it yet.

Thanks! I'm assuming that you've never had any issues with the pneumatic governor either which was another concern they had when they learned I was adding the turbo. Maybe they are overthinking it too much with fuel and boost. My whole goal is not to win any races or tow anything I just wanted to make the 3B significantly more drivable. Sounds like a normal rebuild without much change will work well. I am going to try to figure out an intercooler since I live in the mountains and want to prevent the head from cracking again, but space is tight in the narrow nose 70 series so I don't have a solid plan for it yet.

The governor diaphragm, or the Venturi assembly in the intake? They may as well replace the diaphragm while the pump is apart, the original is made of leather I think.

I actually turned my fuel down when I added this turbo kit and I’m very happy with the drivability and egts. Climbs the canyons around here like a dream compared when it was NA

That is so good to hear. So the throttle plate. Looks like a throttle body has two plastic bushings that the shaft rides on. Under boost it can leak basically robbing air pressure from the engine. Very annoying but not any worse than that. If you can ever find a way to rebuild the bushing I’d be very interested in seeing how they could be done. The plate is riveted to the shaft. I’ve disassembled them before but could never find how to seal that shaft in a better way. When I say disassembled I mean ground the rivets off. All in all though the turbo can easily compensate for the air loss. I just hate boost leaks.

Last edited:
Fyi for everyone interested....
Im in the middle of moving and all my tools are in storage. Finding a house has been a much greater challenge than I thought. Until then im shut down unfortunately.
Thx

Yes. Best of luck with that. I’m in the same boat. Looking for a small house with a big garag.😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom