Turbo Timer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Threads
Website
www.4x4panama.com
Hello all folks .. I was installing my Greddy Turbo Timer this weekend .. actually a easy job, no problems at all ..

Here the provisional place ..

main.php

I only have a few questions .. someone with more experience than me ..

In the TT manual said, there are 2 options to install, depending on your car. One setup with one ( 1 ) ON wire and other setup with two ( 2 ) ON wires ..

I found my Cruiser ( Marilu ) HDJ80 have from the switch 2 ON wires ..

So I easy found the ACC wire, the Starter Wire, the constant 12V wires ( 2 ) and the ON wires ( 2 ). the issue come when the Greddy manual as for one ON wire that does not drop the V when you activate the starter..

In my case both drop the V .. so after some delivery I install to my luck .. and it's fucntion but I'm not sure if it's the ideal setup ..

main.php

I was tempted to install as a conventional setup ( one ON wire ) but .. again not sure ..

Any comments it's higly appreciated ..

thanks !

I have a turbo timer in my 42 but it's a different make and model. It appears to be wired into the EDIC circuit.

taking signal direct from the EDIC and not from the cilinder .. ?

It was installed by the previous owner so I'm not exactly sure how it's wired up. But I think it's between the key switch cylinder and the EDIC "run" signal. I've watched the EDIC motor when the TT is functioning. Everything else in the truck has no power. I can pull the key out and walk away. When the timer has elapsed the EDIC shuts off fuel to the engine and the TT shuts down.

I'm not at home near the 42 at the moment so I can't get more specific info for you. I can look at it in a few days when I return.

Thanks dude .. on Sat I will take some test and I will solve the issue are not that complicated .. only 3 wires at the end ..

I will try conecting the signal to the ACC wire at the switch .. and see what happend .. trial and error ..

I think that one wire should come from the key switch most likely the run position. Another should be direct battery power and the third would be the output to the EDIC controller. There should be a ground wire too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom