Turbo or Supercharge? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Everyone,

Just finished my first full tank of gas on my Land Cruiser (97), with 3” lift and 35’s… mix of city/freeway driving and I got 10mpg… smells rich when I start. Should I be getting better mpg than 10-11mpg?
I average 11.5 MPG for the last 3 years on mine as a DD.
2.5" lift, 33" tires, and about 6500 lbs. Tires at 45 psi.
I just finished a 600+ mile trip and had three tanks in a row that averaged 14.8 MPG.
I never drove over 75 MPH, I kept the cruise set, and if I was coming to a hill, I would step on the gas before the cruise would take over.

If it's smells rich, look for exhaust leaks, check for vacuum leaks, and complete a tune up if not already done with OEM parts.
Then pull your EFI fuse for two minutes to clear all engine settings.

if I had the money I'd do an LS just for the sound it makes. I would sit in the driveway and rev the engine when my wife was out shopping.

I average 11.5 MPG for the last 3 years on mine as a DD.
2.5" lift, 33" tires, and about 6500 lbs. Tires at 45 psi.
I just finished a 600+ mile trip and had three tanks in a row that averaged 14.8 MPG.
I never drove over 75 MPH, I kept the cruise set, and if I was coming to a hill, I would step on the gas before the cruise would take over.

If it's smells rich, look for exhaust leaks, check for vacuum leaks, and complete a tune up if not already done with OEM parts.
Then pull your EFI fuse for two minutes to clear all engine settings.

Charcoal Canister could be it. in the summer it's very noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom