Turbo Oil Line Questions for a 3B *PICS* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You could try advancing the injection timing. There are a few threads in here about that and some have said it has lowered their EGTs substantially. I haven't tried this myself. I just finished my turbo mod this afternoon. I didn't want to push it but cruising at 80kmh in 4th I didn't break 1000*F it settled in right around 750-850. With about 5lbs of boost. Sure sounds sweet though. Especially with a straight pipe. Oh and BTW I'm only running 2" pipe.

I'm jealous of your low temps! I read up on advancing the timing. It seems there are different opinions on weather or not it is ok to do it yourself. I love driving with the turbo but I really hate having to be so cautious with the temps. It's nearly impossible to keep it below 1100f in 4th and 5th.

I really want to get this tuned right. Anyone have more ideas?

I did some more reading on this for you on some other 4x4 / Diesel websites.
It has been said that opening up the intake can also lower your EGTs
Maybe you could try some larger diameter pipe or some larger radius 90* bends.
If you have a cone filter that you could try on a straight pipe maybe you would get better air flow than with the stock air cleaner.
Just a thought I attached a photo of my setup to give you an idea of how short my intake is. maybe that makes all the difference?

not sure.
IMG_0272.jpg

Cool man thanks for the ideas! I will try that. It makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom