Builds TURBO KIT INSTALL 96 LX450 CXRACING and CUSTOM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LMAO i can image the dropped pressure with the added length of the piping...
Could just use liquid/air. Run 3/4” lines to it, pretty easy and would work. I saw one off a turbo’d sand rail. 42”x4x4”. Coulda been used for oil cooling too, which is what i thought it originally was, until corrected.

Sweet project, looks good!

Good job replacing the paperweight (err... turbo). Never liked the CX intercooler position, but if you're not poking any holes in your truck, it's about the best you can do I guess. I'd think about louvers and a fan to direct more air through it. @Cruzilla just did something like this with his A/W intercooler (puller fan on top):

20190331_091748-jpg.1942732

Not sure 10psi with the stock computer/fuel setup will yield safe afr's (mine was spot on at 6psi), but only one way to find out I guess!
I had a Syclone and the mod back then was to put a 6-8" puller fan on the lower heat exchanger. Of course it needed al the help it could get. This setup is more than enough cooling as is I believe

I had a Syclone and the mod back then was to put a 6-8" puller fan on the lower heat exchanger. Of course it needed al the help it could get. This setup is more than enough cooling as is I believe
Holy s***, i own a syclone. Thats where i have my turbo knowledge (whatever small amount that is).

So the heat exchanger Im using is a dural 11x12 40 row fluid cooler with a Spal 11 inch puller fan on top with 844 CFM.
I have found the WAIC to be cold to the touch when you pop the hood after sustained boost.

20190401_200007.jpg

So the heat exchanger Im using is a dural 11x12 40 row fluid cooler with a Spal 11 inch puller fan on top with 844 CFM.
I have found the WAIC to be cold to the touch when you pop the hood after sustained boost.

View attachment 1944650
arent you s=concerned about aeting a rock with that tho? I ask because well you know Im going to copy it

Its made of steel, super high up 1/4 below frame rails and no because I wont be rock crawling with my 40K+ Expo rig! I have a fully set up FJ40 for that!!

Reactions: RFB
if you have the room I would mount it behind the grill in front of your AC condenser, I happen to have a AC fan there that I like so it went down below the winch...

Reactions: RFB
AI/Water injection is an option for cooler intake temp. if demand more boost and IC is functioning less than ideal.

Its made of steel, super high up 1/4 below frame rails and no because I wont be rock crawling with my 40K+ Expo rig! I have a fully set up FJ40 for that!!
40plus that cheap add up recipts again lol

im grabbing weekend pass for OE

Yes it’s 10 psi through a 5858. It probably doesn’t even need an intercooler.
I meant there will be little to no outdoor air moving across the outside of the cooling elements. You need some kind of scoop underneath the to force any air thru.

Nice setup.

These trucks need a forward facing intake manifold

There are several. The 2 most popular are more than most want to pay though. There is one very cheap alternative but it is no good in my opinion and the one mid-level option looks pretty good but I haven't seen it in person.

Nice setup.

These trucks need a forward facing intake manifold

There are several. The 2 most popular are more than most want to pay though. There is one very cheap alternative but it is no good in my opinion and the one mid-level option looks pretty good but I haven't seen it in person.
Got links???

Why not just drive with your differentials locked for better speed and safety!:flipoff2:😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom