Builds TURBO KIT INSTALL 96 LX450 CXRACING and CUSTOM (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have only these. I just went to flat ARB rack so could get in the garage.

IMG_0477.jpg

a1.jpg

Just installed my turbo setup this week, I just went with the entire cxRacing kit with downgraded turbo option from them. looking at the same issues you guys are seeing here. Working on searching these forms for all the info.

Plan is to run on stock ECU 7-10 PSI safely.

Preinstall:
1. Tranny fluid change with transgo shift kit $378.25 installed
2. Step colder plugs ?
3. Walbro 450 FP $104.89
4. Ordered Innovate SCG-1 boost gauge and controller with wideband $310.86
5. Bought Precision 5858 DBB from friend with little use for $600.00
6. Bought correct T4 4bolt exhaust housing $180.00
7. Bought 3.5LB spring for wastegate.
7. Had all cold side pipes powder coated black, intercooler cerakoted black, and hot side parts ceramic coated black. $500
8. Paying a friend with a shop do install $500.00

Kit: CXracing hot side kit minus downpipe, CXracing cold side kit for ARB bumper.
1. Ordered CXracing kits with discount minus Turbo and DP for $1433.00
2. Custom 3" turbo back stainless exhaust with high flow cat and quite muffler. quoted $350

Status: Need 2 silicone hoses to make the kit fit better with my turbo. Then install SCG-1. Then take it to the exhaust shop for the custom exhaust. Exhaust shop will fab pipe from turbo to OEM air cleaner.

CXRAcing kit does fit rather nice and looks great black. The lower coolant line they send is useless along with the 90 degree silicone. Original hose and pipe works great to hold the intercooler piping away from the compressor.

OP, did you use the cxRacing wastegate? If so, where do you get the 3lb spring? Did you just order a spring for a Tial w/g?

Just installed my turbo setup this week, I just went with the entire cxRacing kit with downgraded turbo option from them. looking at the same issues you guys are seeing here. Working on searching these forms for all the info.

What issues would that be?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, ive been wrenchin' all weekend. Looks like i'm having an issue with knock sensor 1 and 2 circuit. P0325 and P0330. they do not appear to be broken at the sensor like on other posts, and look good otherwise. The first time I got this code was after the install so Im going back over everything. Man does this baby fly now! Im not having any issue with AFR but am having issue with too much boost, when I first got it together I had hooked the wastegate up wrong and sent 35 psi for a few quarter throttle runs. Figured that out and got it down to 19. Bought a new spring (should have been 3-6 psi) and now it stays at ~14. She loves it! still running too rich, 10:1 @ 12 lbs... strats to lean up to 13 around 13/14. I'm having some smoking issues, and am thinking about buying a good wastegate to get it down to 4-5lbs and use my boost controller from there. New video by Nigel Stewart

Bumpin' off the rev limiter, NICE!!! I've never done that.

shes way faster than that now, just had a little scare tho. Thought i locked her up, but instead the battery (brand new Interstate) died and got a blocked crankcase vent at the same time? Wouldn't turn over and was DUMPING smoke / Oil from exhaust. Turbo problems....🙄

Last edited:
GANG,

I AM NEW TO THE BOARD! I have a 97 LX 450. I would like to install a Turbo, or some other unit, that produces horse power. I am not interested in an 8 cylinder engine swap. I pull a Horse Trailer and, well, often it is a challenge. I love my car but wish it had more power. Please, if you can provide with any information or direct me on where to look, I would surely appreciate it.

Duane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom