Turbo Glide or AXT Turbo Group Buy Interest? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BreckenridgeCruiser

I break things.
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
teqtach.com
Hey all,

Please respond on this thread if you are interetsed in exploring a Group Buy on either Turbo Glide and AXT Turbos. I will contact them in about a week with numbers and see what we can get done.

Please let me know the engine you wish to turbo.

Thanks!

Kraig

Im in. I need a turbo kit for my 1994 1HZ. Did you think about Safari?

TB

I am interested in one for a 1HZ

Im in. I need a turbo kit for my 1994 1HZ. Did you think about Safari?

TB

They no longer make them for the 3Bs or 2Hs that many of us have.... Which is a shame, since I hear they were the Rolls-Royce of the aftermarket Land Cruiser Turbo kit world.

Depending on price i probably would (3B). rapovt, do you know a good place near yours where i could get it installed? i'm close to you north the border.

Ok, so who's better? AXT or Turbo Glide?

Well, I'm interested in a trubo but after looking at the prices of the kits, I'm thinking I will have to do a "home brew" turbo. The last time I checked a full AXT kit was around $3000, unless we're talking a huge savings?

well i duno bout all you blokes but i have DENCO TURBO KIT on my 3B.... its a SCHWITZER TURBO......im runnin pretty much standard boost which is about 9psi and i have NO LAG AT ALL.....boosts just about on 1100 rpm have palyed with the fuel but not alot and im runnin a 2.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust with no muffler..... sounds sweet too..... a mate of mine and i got a deal thru DENCO DIESEL AND TURBOCHARGERS here in AUSTRALIA they are based in WAGGA WAGGA..... i picked my kit up for $1750 AUS.... which included turbo, high mount exhaust manifold, all oil and air lines and heat shelds and dump pipe... only thing i had to do has get the exhaust made up and fab up an induction pipe from my air filter to turbo intake:flipoff2: the kit looks exatly like the one pictured below:D www.dencodiesel.com
3bturbo.jpg

well i duno bout all you blokes but i have DENCO TURBO KIT on my 3B.... its a SCHWITZER TURBO......im runnin pretty much standard boost which is about 9psi and i have NO LAG AT ALL.....boosts just about on 1100 rpm have palyed with the fuel but not alot and im runnin a 2.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust with no muffler..... sounds sweet too..... a mate of mine and i got a deal thru DENCO DIESEL AND TURBOCHARGERS here in AUSTRALIA they are based in WAGGA WAGGA..... i picked my kit up for $1750 AUS.... which included turbo, high mount exhaust manifold, all oil and air lines and heat shelds and dump pipe... only thing i had to do has get the exhaust made up and fab up an induction pipe from my air filter to turbo intake:flipoff2: the kit looks exatly like the one pictured below:D www.dencodiesel.com

This has had a lot of use hasnt it? I seem to remember the schwitzer being fitted 3 years ago

Maybe Radd Cruisers can chime is if he can provide a deal on denco turbo's in mass qty?

Just as a note, I didn't want to influence the poll if people wanted one over the other.

I am leaning (heavily) towards the TurboGlide. It seems like the same kit, and talking with them has been much easier than with AXT. As far as pricing goes, I was quoted $2,089 USD for the kit AND shipping to the states.

Use that as a starting point to see if you are interested at that cost. Of course, I will try to get them to knock off a bit!

Thanks!

Kraig

Well that sounds like a pretty good price (if it includes shipping). The last quote I recieved from Safari was (todays currency exchange) 2250.00 US. Let's go with Turbo Glide and let's see what kind of deal we can get.

Tom

I might be interested as I'm getting my 1986 2H rebuilt and I'm thinking of putting a turbo on it.

Rab

The Denco kits for the 3B are $2540 AUD, or $1926.50 USD. Kit only, no shipping, no exhaust etc.

B

Going to be about 90% US based sale, so I would suggest someone down south contact Denco and try and cut a groupe buy on theses kits.

Rob

Maybe Radd Cruisers can chime is if he can provide a deal on denco turbo's in mass qty?

I have done both kits on various diesels, 3B, 2H and !HZ. Overall I like the turbo-glide better because of the cost - you get more bang for you buck, not to say that the AXT and the Turbo-glide are a straight up comparison, they are not. The turbo-glide takes the approach of no water cooling, whereas the AXT does water cooling as well. As far as kits go they are both pretty good and both might require some modification depending on the truck it is going in. Keep in mind that both kits are designed for right hand drive so depending on what you put it in you will have to do some modification, off the top of my head I can tell you that 2H in a 60 with left hand drive will require some mods. Putting a AXT on a 4x series with 3B will require mods. No problems with 1HZ in 7x series right or left hand drive with the TG model. I have not seen the AXT on 1HZ but I can recommend the TG on 1HZ. Safari I would have to say is the most money of the 3 of them and I am not sure why, does not seem any better than the other two. Both AXT and TG use Garret turbo's and the Garrets are very good from all the ones I have had and installed.

Just and FYI, I will probably be stocking TG Turbos for 3B and 1HZ engines very shortly so if you are in the states and want on of those I should be able to get it for you saving you a bit on the shipping.

Cheers,

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom