Turbo footprint/flange dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiser_guy

Out of Africa / North Africa
Threads
Website
join-hands-for-hope-helping-people-help-themselves.mailchimpsites.com
Does anyone know where to find turbo footprint dimensions? I need to locate a turbo to fit the 13B-T manifold that I have for my FJ45LV 3B project before heading back to Guatemala.
Turbo's in Guatemala are not common on most vehicles and folks there do not particularly like them and consider them unreliable.
I'm thinking it's similar to a T4 but others have told me that it's a unique size/pattern for the Toyota CT26 turbo and needs a special adaptor so to put matters to rest it would be nice to know what the dimensions of each flange is, specifically the bolt centre positions and flange size.
I can post up my 13B-T flange sizes if folks would like to know.

btw Thanks for the manifold Nick as part payment for my squashed canoe!! https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=109465

No problem Charles.
I feel ready bad about the canoe.

I was thinking about the turbo.
How about a reman CT26 from ADP distributors?
You could get one tuned for a 13BT.

Cheers,
Nick

Last edited:
CT26 are very expensive. That is why I never bothered.

Its not just any ct 26 either. The supra one is too big. possibly the celica one would work.

Yes the foot print is very different. I used an adapter.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=54983&highlight=13b-t+garrett

I bought it in the states. I will have to look for my reciept to find the place again. But they had more adapters.

CT26 are very expensive. That is why I never bothered.

Its not just any ct 26 either. The supra one is too big. possibly the celica one would work.

ADP told me a reman CT26 was $800 for my 1HD-T.
I know the 13BT uses a CT26 as well, but I don't think it's the same.

$800 for a rebuilt turbo does not seem bad.
The big question is, how much is the core charge?

Cheers,
Nick

ADP told me a reman CT26 was $800 for my 1HD-T.
I know the 13BT uses a CT26 as well, but I don't think it's the same.

$800 for a rebuilt turbo does not seem bad.
The big question is, how much is the core charge?

Cheers,
Nick

Nick, I've got a budget to work in! Remember I'm married and have other expenses. $800 for the turbo is a non-starter on what is a project truck.

I'm looking at Ebay and the T4 flange looks really close to the 13B-T manifold but I need NUMBERS to compare the footprint flange to.

The AXT is a T3 and is more rectangular like in "Brownbear's" post leading me to believe his turbo is a T3 flange.

Nick, I've got a budget to work in! Remember I'm married and have other expenses. $800 for the turbo is a non-starter on what is a project truck.

Remember, I still owe you some money... :)

What type of manifold is on the BJ55?
13BT? I know you used a volvo turbo, but how did you joing it all together?

Remember, I still owe you some money... :)

What type of manifold is on the BJ55?
13BT? I know you used a volvo turbo, but how did you joing it all together?

I think Marta's truck has an AXT manifold which has a T3 flange pattern.

http://www.turboneticsinc.com/turbo_dimensions.htm

Can you measure your 13b-t manifold? Fish around on that website. They make the ct26 housing. But if a T4 is the same...... I dunno.

You are basically in need of a supra flange, single entry. But the Supra housing it too big for 3B. The spool will happen only if you hit 6k rpm. You need a small housing suitable for a celica(single entry). I think I found no T4 would work. As they were all too big, anb that a T3 fit the catagory more.

I think you want no bigger than a .48 AR or .50 Ar housing. But again I dunno..

You could get a hybrid t3/t4... Either way to me garrett is the way to go. It would be next to impossible to get a CT26 with the right specs IMOP. Unless you order a 13b-t turbo from Japan... 3K

The ct26 housing can be bought and a turbo can be built with a garrett. The housing is aftermarket built for the ricer supra guys.

That's what I was looking for!!

I've just measured the 13B-T manifold and the bolt pattern is the same as the T4 footprint but it appears to be rotated 90 degrees. ie: the 2.75" spacing is parallel with the cranshaft axis and the 3.25" (actual on the 13B-T is 3 3/16") spacing is perpendicular to the crankshaft axis.
Can someone with a T4 turbo housing confirm which way the larger spacing is?
IMG_2659.JPG

After much searching, I found my reciept for the adapter I bought. It was 75.99 USD.

http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/index2.html

I think the guy was Lance...... But it was a year and half ago.

It adapts to a T3 foot to Ct26. I thought it was quite a nice machine job they did. He had about 10 of them.

Brownbear, was the adaptor available on his site or did you need to ask for it? The picture is there but the adaptor is not listed.

I asked about it. I was actually sent to him from another turbo company in the USA.

Its not listed on his that I know of. Its actually a machining comapny. Turbos must be a side line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom