Turbo compressor side outlet fitting? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm gathering components to install a turbo onto my 2H and I'm having trouble visualizating how I would connect the piping from the turbo compressor outlet to the engine intake.
I've seen turbos where the pipes I.D. fits around the housing O.D., but this turbo doesn't have the room for that. Am I missing a part? To me it dosent seem like there would be a way to secure the piping. The turbo is a garrett T3 .52/.48 from what I can tell.
20200513_193319.jpg

20200513_193410.jpg

That looks frustrating. If it were me I'd take it apart and get an aluminum sleeve and have it welded in but I wonder if epoxy would do it if the slieve were sized to fit tight? Not too many options.

Turbo inlet isn’t that hot. I’d measure the ID of that inlet. Would consider a tube stub
of aluminum that sticks out about 1.5” and then plan a silicone fitting over the stub.
Turbo won’t move once it’s installed, so if you make the inlet piping firm shouldn’t
be a problem.

Yeah, I’d take it to a fabricator or machine shop to see about Tig welding a short pipe.
Maybe just tack weld several spots around circumference.

Thanks for the responses. I like the ideas. I'll get a section of pipe and add it on. Kind of strange this is the way it came.

In theory, machining or forming a smooth transition from the inside of that housing (small diameter) to the ID of the new pipe would help with flow.
I do not know if it would make a difference in real life.
Let us see the results when you get the outlet done up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom