Builds Turbo 1FZFE FZJ80 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With your rocker cover breathers now getting boost instead of vacuum i see one is plumbed into the turbo intake but the other is still in the intake manifold ,would boost not cause an issue with that one or is that a one way valve or some type.?
Cheers

They don't get boost, boost comes out of them. The crankcase gets pressurized under boost.

Are you talking about both cover breathers
What about the turbo pushing boost into the intake when pushing the skinny pedal
if not why do people put them infront of the turbo

Is this kit available? The website is "down for maintenance" and the phone number goes nowhere so I am guessing no....

Is this kit available? The website is "down for maintenance" and the phone number goes nowhere so I am guessing no....

EMS Went out of business 2+ years ago. Can't imagine how you found this thread.

@lilevo you were one of the inspirations for my turbo build. PM me with your asking price--mainly because I'm curious. Your truck is badass, and thank you for documenting your efforts :)

What was the go with the machine shop? A bit slow?

Also, have you ended up using that stub manifold I sent over?

I just got my block back from a line bore and grout fill - it's filled to the welsh plugs so should still have plenty of cooling for street miles. The latest engine analyser simulation that my engine builder ran is saying 1600hp at just over 7000rpm and 40 psi - and the cams are good for as far as I dare to rev it! (i'm thinking that 7800 is a good point to stop.

One thing on the motor machining/assembly that I haven't mentioned before that may be of benefit - test fit the head studs into the block and fit drilled spacers or gudgeon pins to simulate the head being present - then torque up to the final value. (it's a budget impersonation of a torque plate that gives 90-95% the benefit at 5% the cost of having a full length torque plate made up)

(I can't say as yet how the 1FZ distorts with the studs in as we haven't got that far with my motor yet)

Then measure the bores to see if there is much out of round in the bores caused by the stud tension. In some motors there can be more than enough out of round to affect ring seal.

If there is an amount of distortion that the engine builder thinks is too much, you can then hone again with the studs installed to counteract it.

Your truck should make a ton of HP. One thing I like is the use of the stock manifolds and a quality J pipe for the turbo manifold. I recon that setup will flow even better than a runner style turbo manifold - nowhere near enough people do it that way - especially as the 1FZ stock headers are so good to begin with.

Whilst i'm here I'll just leave a picture of the new 1FZ adjustable cam gears that I'm now producing - they are an aluminum CNC anodised centre fitted with a machined, new OEM Toyota gear and stainless fasteners. They have 10 degrees adv and ret cam timing adjustment. They are intended mainly for adjusting the timing of custom cams in relatively modified 1FZs to get it perfect, but they may also give some benefit in mildly modded motors - I would be interested in supplying a couple to guys for testing purposes - if it makes a difference you can have it at cost, if the motor makes no additional power or doesn't result in any measurable, just send it back for zero $$!

If anyone's interested drop me a PM. (if moderators want to delete this shameless plug - fair enough! :D I literally have only just begun to produce these so haven't got as far as working out final pricing or actually promoting them - I will be doing that sometime in the new year)

Hi Are you still out there? Can't see the pictures of the cam gears and I am looking for something like this.

Thanks

IMG_1296.JPG

Hi Are you still out there? Can't see the pictures of the cam gears and I am looking for something like this.

Thanks

10983433_10203415255132422_6202590339387965172_n.jpg

I am still poking around. The cruiser is waiting for me to give it a 2nd wind. Right now it serves as a competent stump puller several times a year, but it will be ready to go once I get my workshop built and I have a few thousand I want to throw at it. The turbo motor is new and it doesn't leak any oil, but the steering gear leaks like a sieve and the rear diff pinion leaks. The tranny has a trans pak and stall speed to match the turbo spool up. The big thing is a stand alone computer. The piggy back computer needs replaced.

Funny how priorities change when you start having kids. I still see this getting 550awp when I am ready to have another go at it. For now it mostly sits. Kinda sad.

Last edited:

Thanks
Thanks
Is it Scott or Ryan?
This looks good and I would like one if they are available. However what we really need are adjustable gears so we can fix relationships between the two cams if necessary. Although that's pretty tough as no one seems to know stock specs. I am just waiting on a new stand but then I will measure stock cam specs. But that still doesn't tell all because we don't know what they are supposed to be, I will only know what they are. Got all my measuring tools ready, just waiting on a new stand
Cheers

First name is Ryan, but many years in the military so I go by either Ryan or Scott either is fine. lol. It is available from a guy in Australia names Sean Gannon sean75@gmail.com. He is working on an adjustable exhaust gear but as of now this is the only one and you will see why once you open the engine up. It has been a while since I have talked to him, but he might already have it done.

Thanks
Is it Scott or Ryan?
This looks good and I would like one if they are available. However what we really need are adjustable gears so we can fix relationships between the two cams if necessary. Although that's pretty tough as no one seems to know stock specs. I am just waiting on a new stand but then I will measure stock cam specs. But that still doesn't tell all because we don't know what they are supposed to be, I will only know what they are. Got all my measuring tools ready, just waiting on a new stand
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom