Turbo 1fz-fe info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, first time poster here.
I’m looking for some advice in regards to how I’d go about turboCharging my 1994 auto 80 series landcruiser with the petrol 1fz-fe motor.

move been researching a fair bit and have sort of settled upon the gt3582r xr6 turbo as it’s probably the easiest and most commonly used turbo for the conversion.

What I’d like to know is what you guys would reccommend in regards to;
- ecu, piggyback or whole replacement. (Been seeing a lot for the Harlech 2500)
- fuel supply, (pump and injectors)
- and just alround advice from people with the similar builds.

ps. I’m based in Queensland, Australia.

thanks heaps guys.

This is tough to say since the US market 80's have different engine management than non-US. I would start by finding some guys in Australia who have turbo'd their 1fz and see what's popular down there.

Here in the US, you can safely turbocharge a 1995+ 1fz without doing any fuel management or tuning mods at all. But that doesn't really apply to pre-1995 rigs. I'd imagine it's probably simpler to get a non-US rig tuned up and running right, but that's just a guess.

These guys can hook you up with everything you need. Group is full of Aussies.

112407D3-DD30-48EF-ABE1-639AE62C171B.png

This is tough to say since the US market 80's have different engine management than non-US. I would start by finding some guys in Australia who have turbo'd their 1fz and see what's popular down there.

Here in the US, you can safely turbocharge a 1995+ 1fz without doing any fuel management or tuning mods at all. But that doesn't really apply to pre-1995 rigs. I'd imagine it's probably simpler to get a non-US rig tuned up and running right, but that's just a guess.
Thanks mate, I wasn’t sure where the majority of you blokes were from.

mill get onto some Aussie ones and chase some info. Thanks heaps.

Wits' End is the only complete kit out there. CX Racing is sort-of a kit, but not complete and I wouldn't use a bunch of their parts. They also have no customer service or sales department, as far as I can tell, they just put stuff on ebay and hope they get bites.

If you want to piece it together yourself, that is always an option too. That's what I did the first time around. Sourcing an exhaust manifold is the key ingredient of a turbo kit that's harder to get your hands on. Aside from Wits' End and CX, Treadstone and 6boost also make manifolds for our trucks. Might luck out and find a used safari manifold (unlikely).

Turbo glide also apparently makes a manifold. I understand this is the manifold used in the Safari system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom