Tuning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NMBruce

SILVER Star
Threads
Time for another question. I have been told that there is a good shop in Albuquerque that tunes 4Runners and other Toyota’s.

I want to put in a AGM X2 31M battery and my 2020 Tacoma has to be programmed to increase the voltage output. The Tacoma puts out about 13,9v and I was told it needs 14.4v. Toyota in 2020 put the control for the alternator output in the ECU or so I have been told and read. I am also looking at adding 255/85/16 tires, so it could use some other programming too.

Anyone? Curious what shop can work this voodoo

Is this one of those dealer only options? Could Techstream be used for this?

The dealer said they can not adjust that, so it has to be a tuner

Isn’t there a diode that can be added that increases the voltage? I’ll dig around Tacomaworld and report back.

Isn’t there a diode that can be added that increases the voltage? I’ll dig around Tacomaworld and report back.
Up until 2020, then Toyota removed that fuse from what I can find. Had a friend do it to his 4Runner, but the fuse wasn’t there in truck

Up until 2020, then Toyota removed that fuse from what I can find. Had a friend do it to his 4Runner, but the fuse wasn’t there in truck
Ah ok, strange.

It sucks that I have to find a tuner just to get voltage increased

Bruce - per Virgil's question above, Techstream software won't be able to do this, do you know? We both have it.

Bruce - per Virgil's question above, Techstream software won't be able to do this, do you know? We both have it.
I do not know if it will or not. Something I should/will look into

I did some searching today, I couldn’t find an answer. The Toyota vehicles I could find information on did not include changing the Alternator output

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom