Tuning for RFG? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone out there tuned your 2F specifically for running E10 gas? I've been using non-ethanol because I can feel significantly improved performance over the E10, but the price is limiting how much I drive my 60. I remember running across a post JimC made that laid out recommended jet sizes for different fuels, but I can't find it again. Anybody bookmark it? What about different density between the fuels...does that require an adjustment to the float? Does anyone have input for adjusting the timing?

Currently running a fully stock complete 2F in an '87 FJ60

I've not put a Wideband to my truck, so this isn't a very scientific comparison....but I drive my truck a lot. It gets two tanks of "E10" a week.

Aside from the psychological benefits and the resistance to absorbing moisture, I really can't tell that it does anything differently aside from reducing the little bit of WOT knock that I sometimes get on E10 93 on a 3000-3500 shift point.I bet that is more inconsistencies in the blend from station to station around here.

I don't get it with NEG 93. I can't pick up a mileage difference at all, and I log that stuff.

Unless you've got electronic port fuel injection with a flex fuel sensor, I wouldn't worry.

Nothing scientific, but I’ve tried the E10 87 & 93 around here. I feel the difference on the lower end. Seems like they just don’t have the power. Out at WOT, nothing really noticeable.

Biggest single gain I’ve had was running 12-14* initial with this desmog. That really woke the truck up. I’ve backed it down to 10* due to inconsistent fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom