Tundra Swap crew, I'm looking for used 200 Series stock front Lower Control Arms - LCA, LCAs, LCA's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the well known, ever so fun issue of the seized front LCA bolt, so I'm unable to adjust my LCA's to get alignment within spec. Getting ready to cut the bolts off, but I would like to replace the LCA's with a lower mileage, good bushing, less rusty pair while I'm at it. I'll also be using the SPC Alignment Cam Bolt Kit with sleeve so i don't have the issue again.

Looking for somebody who's possibly swapped the stock ones out, or done/doing the Tundra swap and doesn't need anymore. I need both left and right sides.

482666A.jpg

I have some that you can have, but they have around 210k miles on them.
curious how 210k (Vegas rust free?) miles looks compared to my 125k set that spent 1st 6 years in NYC. Can you send me some pics? How are the bushings?

I believe there is a little bit of surface rust on some parts of them, the bushing were ok from what I remember. I'll get you some pictures later on tonight when I get home. They are defiantly good candidates to be rebuilt with new bushings and balljoints.

Tried a guy I know who just did this but he already gave them away. I have mine ~86k on them but I tore the boots when I pulled them off, but they're in good condition otherwise, and I'm not sure you can replace just the boot but they are yours if you want them! Neighbor goes to Phoenix fairly often, if you want them let me know and we can try and work it out.

Tried a guy I know who just did this but he already gave them away. I have mine ~86k on them but I tore the boots when I pulled them off, but they're in good condition otherwise, and I'm not sure you can replace just the boot but they are yours if you want them! Neighbor goes to Phoenix fairly often, if you want them let me know and we can try and work it out.

Possibly might work. It's the ball joint boot shown? Is it torn on both left and right sides?
482666A annotate.jpg

I'll look around, i've never heard of that as replaceable, but who knows. The Phoenix delivery would be a BIG plus, because even with free LCA's, shipping can be pretty pricey how large and heavy these are. I'll look around and if anybody else knows any info about the boot pls chime in.

saw this in the 100 section from Slee:

Possibly might work. It's the ball joint boot shown? Is it torn on both left and right sides?
View attachment 2190468
I'll look around, i've never heard of that as replaceable, but who knows. The Phoenix delivery would be a BIG plus, because even with free LCA's, shipping can be pretty pricey how large and heavy these are. I'll look around and if anybody else knows any info about the boot pls chime in
Yeah shipping would ruin it especially given the ripped boot. @cruiseroutfit any idea if the boot only can be replaced?

@TexAZ recomended I ask how the boots tore. Did you use a pickle fork to separate the knuckle? He said boot should be replaceable if that's all that's wrong

@TexAZ recomended I ask how the boots tore. Did you use a pickle fork to separate the knuckle? He said boot should be replaceable if that's all that's wrong
Exactly, lazy pickle fork ftw.

View attachment 2190468
I'll look around, i've never heard of that as replaceable, but who knows. The Phoenix delivery would be a BIG plus, because even with free LCA's, shipping can be pretty pricey how large and heavy these are. I'll look around and if anybody else knows any info about the boot pls chime in.

saw this in the 100 section from Slee:

I believe the boot part number is: 4334509015

I believe the boot part number is: 4334509015

this look correct? My truck is a 08, @Mogwai what year is your 200? would this be difficult to swap out?

Def looks correct, prob not difficult at all if you have one of those tools to deal with the ring. Lemme go take a look and see what the ring looks like. MY13'.

For anyone who's about to tackle any ball joints/TRE jobs and are sick of using pickle forks and struggling - I wised up and got this tool. I was busting my ass working on separating the tie rods on my truck with the pickle fork and a sludge and this tool literally got it off in 10 seconds. I'm a huge fan.

OEMTOOLS Tools 27308 - $21.73 on Amazon.

71vXTYAKD1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The boot came off very easily and it's def the part shown above. The ring however is still on there and it looks like it's just flat overlapping wire (ok not really wire), I'd assume there's some easy way to get the old one off and the new ones on.

The ball joint looks good too.

The boot came off very easily and it's def the part shown above. The ring however is still on there and it looks like it's just flat overlapping wire (ok not really wire), I'd assume there's some easy way to get the old one off and the new ones on.

The ball joint looks good too.
Hey @Mogwai I’d like to go ahead with yours. I see @cruiseroutfit responded that he has the boot kit. I’ll send you a PM to work out the details. Thanks @turbo8 8 also for the offer on your set I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom