Tundra flashing low 4 check eng lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This morning I took off down the road and noticed my check engine light and traction control light came on along with a flashing low 4 light. It's definitely not in four wheel drive. The truck didn't seam to want to down shift and seamed a little sluggish. Has anyone experienced these same symptoms. This just happened 30 minutes ago and I thought I would reach out real quick before I scan for codes tonight. Thanks.

My 2010 Platinum did a similar thing last week. Started it and the 4lo was flashing but it was in 2wd.. drove it a couple miles and shut it down. On return trip home all was good no lights and all normal.? Curious if anyone has any ideas?

Scanned it last night and and got a P2442 P code. Initially it sounds like something related to the Air Switching Valve (ASV) possibly sticking open. That may indicate why your problem was a one and done. My problem still exists and the truck is running about 1/2 power. Anyone with experience on this issue, please feel free to chime in. I'll check for tech. service bulletins (TSB)s today to see if this is a common problem.

I’m researching this for my sons Tundra. It’s a spendy fix but a by pass is available at less than $275. If I read it right, if a pump goes it can put you in limp mode. If it’s just a stuck valve, you have to live with the dash light. However, there must be many on here who have navigated this and I’d love to hear from them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom