1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tundra 4WD with V6?

Discussion in '05+ Tacoma, T100, Highlander' started by Macondawg, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Macondawg

Macondawg

Is this engine enough? I have the opportunity to buy one at the right price. Is the V8 worth the extra $? I will mostly use it as a daily driver with pretty simple off road use. Thanks.

2. freeamerica

freeamerica

For what it is worth, I've been intentionally looking for a T100 with that engine in it. Haven't been able to find one at a halfway reasonable price though. Anyway, it will depend most on how you want to use it. For your intended use, would you buy a V6 Ford, Chevy, or Dodge (power-wise, not quality!)?

I have no aspirations of towing or hauling anything bigger than the periodic trip to the hardware store, nursery, or pulling a 12' aluminum boat. For that the V6 is plenty of power with great reliability.

If you decide against it, let me know where you are, I may be very interested.

Mike

3. dylan

dylan

i have a 6 in my gmc 1/2ton and it goes pretty good. is it an auto or a 5spd?

4. cajunfj40

cajunfj40

I thought the Tundra only came with 4x4 V6 in long bed single cab. The V6 is great. What price?