Tundra 38gal fuel tank conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, tried to search but couldnt find it, or it doesn't exist and I'm spinning my wheels. Is their a thread somewhere regarding swapping the 24gal tank on the 200 series with the 38gal tank from a Tundra? Thanks!

I haven't measured them, but I'd imagine the tundra tank is a good bit longer owing to the longer wheelbase of the vehicle, since the tank follows the frame rails from behind the Transfer Case to in front of the rear axle. Many members have added the LRA auxiliary tanks, and you should be able to find a number of threads on that modification. I think the only issue with the LRA tanks is a somewhat involved install and the price.

Ya that 40 lra is on the list. Have them on my 80 too. They're great. Just relocating the spare in the time being is what I was looking to avoid.

Here's hte Tundra 38 gallon vs the Tundra 26 gallon. I'd assume the 200 tank is pretty close to the same size as the smaller Tundra tank.

20181027_134756-jpg.1823300

Our trucks have the fuel tank packaged too tightly to allow that much more extra fuel in the same space..

That would be awesome if it fit, but no chance.

Ya that 40 lra is on the list. Have them on my 80 too. They're great. Just relocating the spare in the time being is what I was looking to avoid.

You probably know, but the spare can stay in place with the 12.5 gallon. IMO, don't discount the smaller size as it has huge utility. And I believe it walks the better balance of packaging and weight.

I have a pretty large 275/65R20 (34.1") tire under my 12.5 LRA. Went skinny on it to maintain clearance as the 12.5 does push the spare down 1".

Ya I just got some new ko2s 285/65r18s. Probably end up the same depth. I'm not opposed to the 12.5 tank by any means. Just a fan of excess, so the 40lra fits my MO😬😂

That would be awesome if it fit, but no chance.

You probably know, but the spare can stay in place with the 12.5 gallon. IMO, don't discount the smaller size as it has huge utility. And I believe it walks the better balance of packaging and weight.

I have a pretty large 275/65R20 (34.1") tire under my 12.5 LRA. Went skinny on it to maintain clearance as the 12.5 does push the spare down 1".
You have a picture of the fitment on your 200?

You have a picture of the fitment on your 200?

Here's what the spare looks like, but it's exaggerated here from the angle.

1667232336633.png

Install thread here

Here's what the spare looks like, but it's exaggerated here from the angle.

View attachment 3155581

Install thread here
Really nice. The difference is unnoticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom