Tuna can is good design indeed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
well, checked my tuna can today. Was about 1/4" of very fine dust in it from some desert running. Must have cleaned it up less than a year ago. Takes all of 30 secs. Less crud floating around the box. This is really well designed. Good engineering!

well, checked my tuna can today. Was about 1/4" of very fine dust in it from some desert running. Must have cleaned it up less than a year ago. Takes all of 30 secs. Less crud floating around the box. This is really well designed. Good engineering!
:confused: I've never heard of the "tuna can" before......am i right in thinking it's the air-filter chamber??

Can you tell i'm a newbie?! :p

yep.

I check mine at every oil change.

:confused: I've never heard of the "tuna can" before......am i right in thinking it's the air-filter chamber??

Can you tell i'm a newbie?! :p

It is a smaller canister underneath the air-filter canister. It clips on with 2 fasteners from the bottom. Toyota doesn't call it a "tuna can" but I don't remember what they call it or even if it is mentioned anywhere in the FSM.

-B-

It is a smaller canister underneath the air-filter canister. It clips on with 2 fasteners from the bottom. Toyota doesn't call it a "tuna can" but I don't remember what they call it or even if it is mentioned anywhere in the FSM.

-B-
ah yep, i'm familiar with that can.
Just not the term tuna-can!

cyclonic pre-filtration is indeed a rare thing to see on consumer vehicle, usually reserved for heavy equipment

This thread needed a pic. I think mine needed checked.
DSCF5525.jpg

I didn't know there was such a thing. Better check mine this week. I'm sure the PO did it, as he was pretty good with taking care of things.

ebitch...This is the single most important post you have ever made. Not that i have read all 10,000 of your posts.

OMG, it looks like rodents were living there.
Its called a dust-cup down on the farm. Only here, it looks like a rats nest.
When I first checked mine after the previous owner, it was PACKED - and I do mean PACKED - with dirt.
Thanks for sharing your discovery.

After seeing this thread, I checked mine and it was 1/4 full - mostly with insect carcasses.

Wow. I am going to check mine tonight! Thanks for the motivational, er., picture :D

Checked mine today for the first time under my purview. I actually dropped it while figuring out how it unclips so most of the debris dumped onto the frame.

About 1/4 full best guess. Thanks for letting us newbs know about this! It's def made of good ol' metal with real metal clips.

Don't think I have ever checked mine. Remnants I'm guessing when the engine had rats/mice/squirrels living in it :rofl:

Tuna can.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom