Tucson - Chimney Rock - Sat 21 June (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Some local buddies are planning a trip to Chimney Rock on 21 June. We should have 2 FJ-40's, a jeep or two, and a Sammy.

We are meeting at the Tanque Verde Circle K at 0800 - Plan to pull out at 0830. We plan to go in the East End (MM 17), and come out to the South.

We might go over to 3 Feathers on the way back.

All are welcome.

Rocky

i think i'll be there - can you provide info on the trail? my 80 should have a brand-spanking-new OME lift and BFG AT's for the trip!:D

Rocky, looks like fun. Unfortunately, these fuel prices are starting to dictate how much "fun" I'm going to have this summer.
It's a toss-up between this, or a fishing trip :hmm:
John

Keep us in mind - you are always welcome.

With this terrible global warming, the fish may not be biting - so you would be able to add more fuel to the (global warming) fire by going wheeling with us.

Rocky

All this warming just makes the beer taste better ;) and I might add, I do believe it's cheeper than fuel.

Thanks, I'll let you know as time gets closer.

can't wait for saturday...put the BFG A/T 33" on yesterday, OME goes on tomorrow. It's a good week :D

I spoke with some other buddies - we should have a pretty good turnout. Two FJ-40's, your 80, multipe Jeeps and maybe a sammy.

The other FJ is a brand new Frame Off Resto. He also has "Vintage Air" if we all get too hot.

Everyone is looking forward to the trip.

See you at 0800!

Rocky

I spoke with some other buddies - we should have a pretty good turnout. Two FJ-40's, your 80, multipe Jeeps and maybe a sammy.

The other FJ is a brand new Frame Off Resto. He also has "Vintage Air" if we all get too hot.

Everyone is looking forward to the trip.

See you at 0800!

Rocky

Sorry, can't make this one..
Forcast is for 109, how many can he haul in that rig?:D

Sorry, can't make this one..
Forcast is for 109, how many can he haul in that rig?:D

If you can't stand the heat...then you're just like me. Here's an idea of what's going to happen to my skin on the drive :eek:
This is also representative of what I'll be doing: :D
I'm ready to burn! :steer:

If you can't stand the heat...then you're just like me. Here's an idea of what's going to happen to my skin on the drive :eek:
This is also representative of what I'll be doing: :D
I'm ready to burn! :steer:

Yep, I bet it's gonna be real warm in that 80 :rolleyes::D
Did you get your springs on yet?

springs are going on now...kinda regretting that i'm paying a shop to do it, but i don't have any tools or experience, and my mechanic who has promised to start helping me do these things is out of town.

I'll post of formal introduction of my baby when I get some after pics - we got a name picked out and everything :D

Cutting it close!

Actually - I did not get my sliders on (as I had hoped).

Maybe in another week....

Looking forward to the trip - SS: sorry you won't make it - Enjoy those fish!

Rocky

you all missed out! it wasn't too hot out, had cloud cover most the time while we were out, then we found an ice cream truck high centered and we had to eat all the ice cream to get him unstuck:eek:!!

ok...maybe not all of that is true, but is was a lot of fun:D.

the trail was sweet - climbed some things i didn't know i could climb:). Gotta give credit to Rocky_LC - he doesn't back down from a challenge! Here's a few pics - thanks for taking me along!
IMG_0131.jpg
IMG_0135.jpg
IMG_0140.jpg

Trip Report

It was a great trip - thanks to Carson and Andy for showing us the ropes.

No matter what cayce says - it was hotter than heck in my FJ - I was roasting! I need one of those bug sprayers set up as a "mister".

We did get a few raindrops at the end of the trip - I guess the monsoon has officailly begun.

Here's some more pictures....

Andy, Chuck and Carson

Chimney_Rock_June_21_2008 008_sm.JPG

View from the top of Chimney Rock

Chimney_Rock_019_sm.JPG

Andy overlooking "Petunia" in the Rocks

Chimney_Rock_June_21_2008 024_sm.JPG
Chimney_Rock_019_sm.JPG
Chimney_Rock_June_21_2008 024_sm.JPG
Chimney_Rock_June_21_2008 008_sm.JPG

No matter what cayce says - it was hotter than heck in my FJ - I was roasting! I need one of those bug sprayers set up as a "mister".

Sometimes I think those side vents are to make sure your feet are well done instead of medium rare :hillbilly:

I am assuming the yellow 40 is the ground up, correct?
Nice rig, 70?, 71?

Hey that area around Chimney rock is not on the trail I got my pee pee spanked by someone here about that:lol: They contacted FS and threatened me by giving my license plate numbers..I had to have a forum public apology session:D I'd been wheeling there since I was 16 and didn't know any better...FS never put up signs though....but they could bust ya just so you know.

I love the loop ya never see anyone on it..and during the rainy season its aWESOME! glad you guys had fun!

this is what i keep hearing, so i guess i won't be back - in that area at least. wonder if it would do any good to ask the FS to put up some information about where the line is...one argument made here on mud was that there is fencing around a lot of the area, but no fence to keep you out of that part, leading some to believe that it is ok to ride there. since there are enough tracks leading into that area from other vehicles, i might never question if it was ok or not had i not heard anything here on the forums.

glad i had my fun once, at least - guess i'll just have to go to sedona or moab to have rocks like this. darn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom