SOLD Tucson, Arizona 1994 Toyota FZJ 70 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Original unrestored 1994 Toyota FZJ 70 with 170,587 kilometers. Originally from Venezuela. It has a new carburetor and clutch that were installed last year along with new brakes. I had a custom front bumper built of 6" channel to preserve the original bumper which is stored in the garage. It is extremely clean with no rust anywhere. We have towed it behind our motorhome and used it for short trips. We've never taken it off road and it doesn't look like it was ever off road in Venezuela either. The reason we're selling it is at our age getting in and out of it is hard for my wife who is in need of a new knee. It has new Cooper Discovery AT3 tires on it with about 4000 Kms on them. I've also had ceramic window tinting put on the glass because here in Arizona it makes a person much more comfortable. We're asking $32,000. Please PM me if you're interested.

DSC01211.JPG

DSC01214.JPG

DSC01205.JPG

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ70  (3).jpg

View attachment 2586332

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a Prado?
It is not a Prado. The F and BJ 70s were in a word "upgraded" FJ 40s with similar frames, suspensions, and enhances running gear. Better motors, 5 spd, manual, mine has a 35 spline Dana 60 rear end. The LX had auto door locks, pwr. str, pwr. brakes, air conditioning, tilt steering, am-fm-cd radio much more comfortable than the old '40s and capable of cruising down the highway at 80 if needed.

It is not a Prado. The F and BJ 70s were in a word "upgraded" FJ 40s with similar frames, suspensions, and enhances running gear. Better motors, 5 spd, manual, mine has a 35 spline Dana 60 rear end. The LX had auto door locks, pwr. str, pwr. brakes, air conditioning, tilt steering, am-fm-cd radio much more comfortable than the old '40s and capable of cruising down the highway at 80 if needed.
Thanks for the info. PM sent this morning

You upgrade the rear end? I thought they came with Dana 44 in S. America.

I've not had it apart to verify the 66s but the previous owner told me this one has the 66 axles. I have no reason to doubt his word. And honestly based upon how I planned to use it it wouldn't have made any difference. I was looking for an original well cared for and not abused vehicle that had seen very little or no off road use and that's what I got. It's just a super clean original unmodified well equipped LX model that can be driven without any concerns.

I've not had it apart to verify the 66s but the previous owner told me this one has the 66 axles. I have no reason to doubt his word. And honestly based upon how I planned to use it it wouldn't have made any difference. I was looking for an original well cared for and not abused vehicle that had seen very little or no off road use and that's what I got. It's just a super clean original unmodified well equipped LX model that can be driven without any concerns.
You're right, according to this info I found elsewhere on Mud: "Just FYI, all 70 series LC made in Venezuela have a Toyota front axle, only the rear is a Dana 60 semi floater."

You're right, according to this info I found elsewhere on Mud: "Just FYI, all 70 series LC made in Venezuela have a Toyota front axle, only the rear is a Dana 60 semi floater."
That is correct, In Venezuela all 70 series from the nineties have rear Dana 60 semi floater axels, you will find many fj70s like the one on this picture, a 28 year service electricity company work truck with 500k plus US miles on it with original Danas still going strong.

By the way, this is a beautiful Green Land Cruiser, one of the best in the country, who ever takes her will be very happy!!

IMG_3652.jpg

I like to call the Machito bulletproof, my wife likes to call it buckboard. It is a super clean LC one I searched for for quite a while. But my wife's rheumatoid arthritis just doesn't tolerate getting up into it anymore so its life in my garage is limited. I hope someone will enjoy this genuine unmolested survivor.

That is correct, In Venezuela all 70 series from the nineties have rear Dana 60 semi floater axels, you will find many fj70s like the one on this picture, a 28 year service electricity company work truck with 500k plus US miles on it with original Danas still going strong.

By the way, this is a beautiful Green Land Cruiser, one of the best in the country, who ever takes her will be very happy!!

View attachment 2600042
Green?

I call it green. Albeit a dark green. I'm certain the Toyota name is something more exotic. I think the photos are pretty close. If anyone knows the official Toyota color name please don't hesitate to chime in.

Oh, I thought they meant the one they shared a picture of haha
Yes, that pickup is a fairly yellow color of green. Ha

I believe they call that color Dark Emerald Pearl.
Sweet Reg, wish I had the Cash. GLWS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom