1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tube doors for the 80/450 series

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Toyminater, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Toyminater

Toyminater

So is there any interest for some tube doors for the LC? I am breaking out the bender this week and fabbing up some for the mini truck guys and I was wondering if anyone would be interesed in a set (front or front and rear) for their 80/450. They will have the same style and rake to them as seen on Extremetoy1's 83 pickup.(trying to load pics)

The doors have a spring loaded latch to keep it secured and it will bolt to factory hinges. I will try and make a plug to hold the factory plug idle to the door (the pwr wndws and door lock and speaker plug that goes INTO the door) and they are made out of chrominium molybdenum (chromoly steel for weight savings) I am just testing the waters for any interest in them.

sorry cant load pics right now - will do first thing in the AM

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  2. actionjackson

actionjackson

I would like to see the pics. I may be interestd in all 4 doors. Where did you get the spring latches? I just took my doors off this week for the first time. Too much rain so I had to put them back on. But I'm definately looking for some good ideas or if the price was right just buy some nice ones.

3. M23TLC

M23TLC

This thread is a few years old so Im wondering if anyone has yet to put tube frame doors on their 80. I would love to do this some day as a nonpermanent, summertime thing. Id make them myself if I had the means. Anybody know if this has been done yet?

4. Dusty

Dusty

on my list of things to do

5. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

I would surmise the OEM doors are an integral part of the collision protection design...

6. lagwagon

lagwagon

I have several sets of doors and thought of making half doors. I do like the a/c though.

7. NLXTACY

NLXTACY Wits' End Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    ^^^ buzz kill :flipoff2:

8. Ebag333

Ebag333

I seem to recall someone mentioning that they wheeled a summer without their doors on, and couldn't get them lined up properly when they went to put them on in the winter. :doh:

9. CreeperSleeper

CreeperSleeper SILVER Star

Meh, not a problem with me... My doors don't line up anyway! :doh:

10. CJBury

CJBury

This would be neat to see. My a/c hasn't worked since I bought the 80. Half doors would increase air flow.;)

11. airlaird

airlaird

Think of the less weight of all four doors...seriously, you would loose probably 300 lbs. That would help mileage possibly....OK, maybe I'm reaching a bit....but you never know.
    airlaird

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">