tube bender die size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at buying a jd2 or similar model tube bender, and was wondering for those of you who have one, what would be the most common die size(s) used so ican get the right one. I was thinking either the 1-1/2" or the 2". I would be making sliders, and roll cage etc... also any input on the radius of the die. thanks :confused:

1-1/2 or 1-3/4 are the two common ones....I'd stick to 1-1/2 and make sure the radius of the die handles a minimum .120 wall (tight radius = kink if you go TOO tight)

I agree with Woody about the 1.5 or 1.75" die. I would suggest a 1.75" 5.5" radius die as a compromise between 1.5 and 2". That is what I find I use on all my own stuff. For fenders and other accessory stuff, 1" or 1 1/4" is nice, but won't get used all that much for the stuff you described above.

If I can, I would suggest that you contact Mike Green of MikeGreen4x4.com ( billyji@hotmail.com ) for pricing on ProTools benders and dies. He's a good friend - as honest as the day is long, and appears to have some of the best pricing around right now.

His website is not back up yet after his around the world trip, but he is back in the states and doing business again.

Ed

I got 1 3/4 and a 3/4. Get a die that goes past 90deg. I only got the 3/4 to do small junk like fenders and or cooler racks.

2" and 1.5" here. both do 180 degrees.

double check local tube prices and local race shops, and such.

HERE you can order lots through race shops using thier discounts. local nhra cage and frame
builder buys 1000lbs at a time, so pricing to add on your amount on to it is min. uses 1 5/8 and 1 3/4 though. boo.

I like 1.5" for bodied roofs and doing inside cages, i like 2" for open tops and frames.

one die only 1 3/4

Rock Taxi said:
I agree with Woody about the 1.5 or 1.75" die. I would suggest a 1.75" 5.5" radius die as a compromise between 1.5 and 2". That is what I find I use on all my own stuff. For fenders and other accessory stuff, 1" or 1 1/4" is nice, but won't get used all that much for the stuff you described above.

If I can, I would suggest that you contact Mike Green of MikeGreen4x4.com ( billyji@hotmail.com ) for pricing on ProTools benders and dies. He's a good friend - as honest as the day is long, and appears to have some of the best pricing around right now.

His website is not back up yet after his around the world trip, but he is back in the states and doing business again.

Ed

Are you manual, air over hydrolic, or electric hydrolic?

Wonder if the shipping would kill the deal from the Texas to Western Canada?

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom