Wanted Tub Needed...Close to MI if possible! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tub Needed...anybody got one??...Close to MI if possible!

Hello all and thanks for any and all assistance in advance.

UPDATE: expanding my search to anyone that has a decent pre-79 tub. I'm willing to travel or explore help from Mudship to make something happen on this.

Looking for a tub to fit a 77 or 78 FJ40 frame.

I have a good cowl so a 3/4 cut would work but a full tub is always welcome.

I am ok with a little bit of welding to clean up spots to keep the cost down, but the main thing is trying to find something decent in my area.

Located in south-east MI outside of the Detroit area.

Any help? Not interested in a full donor vehicle as I have two already....the 77 and the 78, unfortunatley the tub is crap on both.

Thanks again, Mike.

Last edited:
77 tub

I have a tub from a 77 fj40. It's in good shape with the only rust in the very back.
would need a sill and some quarter panel work. Floors are solid. Would not take much to fix it. I have the top also. It's fair to good with some rust around the bottom of the sides.One great albulance door.
Only problem is MI to TX.
If you are interested I will send pictures to your email.
I might be going to St. Louis in about 2 months and would haul it for gas money. Not firm on that yet.
I would take $400 for the tub and $250 for the top with the door
Let know if you are interested. Thanks, JCB

Update to original post...

I would be willing to travel 500 miles or so to get it. Hope that opens up some more opportunities.

Thanks, Mike.

I'm right at about 500 miles from ya...I have a tub in good to great condition...

it has light surface rust on some areas and could use a little work on the top of the tub where the hardtop resides, but the rear sill and the rest is in good shape...

photos are here: fj40 fs pictures by bkfj40 - Photobucket

bk

the tub does look good. do you have any other pics of the pass side door opening. that part looked a little rough in the one partial side shot in your slideshow. What price are you looking to get for the tub?

thx, Mike.

Bump...had a few people that have not gotten back to me at all with photos...anybody else able to help me out??

thanks, mike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom