Tub compatibility/interchange (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know what years of FJ-40 tubs would fit on a '77 chassis? I've got a '77 with only 75K miles on it, but the body was allowed to rust away by a previous owner. What years should I be looking at for a replacement tub?

On a related topic, does anyone have experience or an opinion on aluminum or fiberglass replacement tubs? Good used steel ones seem to be hard to find, and I may have to look at alternatives.

Thanks.

I think all tubs from mid 60's thru 78 should be basically the same. body mounts and other stuff changed in 79

even a 79+ can be made to fit.

Keep that in mind..

I'm pretty sure 75K is the actual mileage. I know the guy who's had it for the past few years, and he hounded the guy who owned it for the previous 10 years until that guy finally sold it to him. It only got used for running down to the the local lake for fishing over those 10 years. If the guy had kept it in a garage instead of parked in long grass under a tree, it would be great now...but that's not the way it happened, so this is what I have to deal with. Needs a tune up, but runs pretty well, even with old gas in the tank. Balancing your butt in the driver's seat that's sitting on a board is a little iffy, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom