TT is here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dmc

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.expeditionamericas.com
Went home on the lunch hour only to find Trails sitting in my mailbox. I was stoked to see the cover and know that yet again us US folk were in for another article to foster our jealousy. Not only that but a desert racing article by Nolen. Makes me long for the old Tacoma.

dmc

I also enjoyed this month's issue very much. Kudo's to everyone. Even Mark Whatley's item about the junked cars up in the Knik river was pretty cool. Even cooler was that they cut up dozens of old junked cars and hauled off the scrap metal.

Mark Algazy's brief article about H55f transmissions was timely for me. I just completed that project on my FJ60. Personally, having driven mine for 48 hours, I think Mark is missing the boat. But hey, the dark side is calling. Today H55f, tomorrow small block Chevy power. Actually, the slope isn't that slippery! Good job.

I can't wait until next month's issue. Keep things at this level and the TLCA will have 10k members in a year. Great job, especially Todd K.

edit-#11734!

Last edited:
Mine showed up yesterday!

Another fine job!!!

THANK YOU!

I thought Woody's article was pretty neat, that's an answer I would not have come up with.

Cruiserdrew: Mark is right, H55's bite. You need to pull that junk, and put in an nv4500 with your v8.

pm me for my shipping address for the h55;)

love the cover photo...i usually love the cover photos, but this one definitely is among the tops.

Is that our good buddy Robbie in that full page B&W shot just inside the back cover?

nuclearlemon said:
love the cover photo...i usually love the cover photos, but this one definitely is among the tops.

Hopefully more to come from the PNW and the Balmain eyes.

TJK

Man, what a magazine. Props to all the staff at TT for another great issue.

Just curious though, is there anyway to get a digital copy of the FJ55 set up for fishing on Frazer island?

I just kinda stared at it, relaxing, thinking of another place and thought a blow up pic to put in my office would be kick ass.

Looking at that 55 was like looking at a tranquil ocean :cool:

82Trekker:
I believe it was a 45 not a 55. Get with TJK here on the photo.

Thread hijack:
Hey, What's Jonny Quest Offroad? You know you guys can have a forum subsection right here on 'mud, right? Have you considered becoming a tlca chapter?

Last edited:
That's a 45.... :eek:

I think I'd be pushing the limits with the photographer if I sent you the original of that photo. TLCA now owns permission to it, yes, but I want permission to a lot of other photos that Maxwell and Sherry will take in the future. Don't want to do anything to jeopardize that trust.

TJK

(Thanks for the compliments, though.)

Chef said:
82Trekker:
I believe it was a 45 not a 55. Get with TJK here on the photo.

Thread hijack:
Hey, What's Jonny Quest Offroad? You know you guys can have a forum subsection right here on 'mud, right? Have you considered becoming a tlca chapter?

Hi Chef!

I need to read closer nextime and not get so hypnotized by the pic.:grinpimp:

Jonny Quest Offroaders is a toyota based wheeling club started after our favorite kids cartoon: Jonny Quest. We have 3 toyota members right now and the other 2 guys are joining the TLCA this week (submitting there paperwork at least ;) ) and we are on the recruit for more members. It is our goal to become a Sanctioned TLCA Chapter in Ohio and will eventually get there when we have enuff to meet the quota. Definately.

The guys from the Mid-Ohio LandCruisers are trying to reorganize this summer and I want to be apart of that, so we may just be a subchapter. I dunno. More than likely, we will organize on our own regardless.

Woody sent me a PM and made the offer on a forum for the club and took him up on it so keep an eye on us, we will be making some noise this year from the Buckeye State. :beer:

Todd,

Totally understand, and you guys are amazing with your dedication to the cause. I now use TT as the standard to compare mags...and you guys have em' hands down. Very fine publication.

I'll bet this is in the wrong place but since I read it in Trails, I'll keep it in this thread. Our kind host's article on the centered rear axle is pure genius. Okay maybe not the article, but the axle itself. A very simple, straight forward all Toyota way (except the brakes) to center a rear end. I would never be able to think of that solution yet once explained properly I love it. Good solid work Woody. But i'm sure you know that already.
dmc

that dammed cryo'd rear pinion has since busted tho, and a fine spliner replaced it....

but the balance is still holding nicely, and I just picked up 2 more '85ish mini rears for additional experimentation :D (housing + shafts = $25...just add labor, and a centered rear will run ya $100 or less...toss in 4340 shafts for $420 or so and yer stylin!)

woody said:
that dammed cryo'd rear pinion has since busted tho, and a fine spliner replaced it....

but the balance is still holding nicely, and I just picked up 2 more '85ish mini rears for additional experimentation :D (housing + shafts = $25...just add labor, and a centered rear will run ya $100 or less...toss in 4340 shafts for $420 or so and yer stylin!)

Like I said genius. Hard to believe you can build something that strong for so cheap. You should have kept this secret to yourself however. Now all the mini truck guys will be snatching up housings for strength. Then again could be overkill for the 22r/e guys.
dmc

And of course Woody will come out way ahead financially after he gets paid for the article. :rolleyes:

TJK

Got mine today! As usual...IT ROCKS! When I stumbled on TLCA looking for resources for my "new to me" cruiser, I thought it looked cool. Isent a request for info and got a free copy of TT. It had 80's on the Con. I was hooked after that and immediately joined up.

Keep up the good work all! :cheers:

Dont worry Dave, the Tacoma is holding her own out here. Im going to get some steel at a yard down the street from me and strengthen up the front bumper. I need to change the oil soon. :D This is all after I finish up my 40 project though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom