TSB-0092-20 For A/T ECU (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

chap79

Wheel. Break. Fix. Repeat.
SILVER Star
Threads
Since a number of folks have complained about the shifting in the 3rd gens I’ve attached the TSB addressing this issue. I went to the dealer and had them flash the ECU in November and can say that it made a huge improvement. The truck holds gears much better and actually will stay in 4th without dropping to 3rd on a slight grade while using adaptive CC at 75mph.

Attachments

• TSB-0092-20 - ECU Update.pdf
    415.5 KB · Views: 674
Had it done truck runs like it should. Enough said

Just took my truck in and they said I’m already up to date which is disappointing. I have to say the shifting has been one of my biggest frustrations with the truck and I was really hoping this TSB would fix it.

Has anyone here done or is considering the OVTune? Seems like a lot of folks over on TacomaWorld had used it but I can’t sift through all the BS on that forum. Curious if any mudder has experience with it

Just took my truck in and they said I’m already up to date which is disappointing. I have to say the shifting has been one of my biggest frustrations with the truck and I was really hoping this TSB would fix it.

Has anyone here done or is considering the OVTune? Seems like a lot of folks over on TacomaWorld had used it but I can’t sift through all the BS on that forum. Curious if any mudder has experience with it
What’s the production date on your Tacoma? The ECU update is 9/2020. When I called my dealer to schedule the ECU update they said that my truck wasn’t affected but since my VIN was in the TSB I pushed the issue citing the shifting and they scheduled me and performed the update.

As for the OvTune software, I was considering it until I got the ECU flashed. I agree, the TW threads discussing it are a hot mess and I really don’t think we should have to pay for an adjustment the manufacturer should be addressing.

Manufactured 06/20. Dealer ran a health check and the current calibration matches that of what should be after the TSB was performed.

Interesting note though. They didn’t say anything about the DTC that was present (P160300) which seems to point to the same issue. Sounds like I’ll be making a trip to the other dealership in town.
BBD7051F-3E6C-4F8D-9CED-9DFED388FF83.jpeg

Manufactured 06/20. Dealer ran a health check and the current calibration matches that of what should be after the TSB was performed.

Interesting note though. They didn’t say anything about the DTC that was present (P160300) which seems to point to the same issue. Sounds like I’ll be making a trip to the other dealership in town.
View attachment 2609079

When I went and had mine flashed I used the exact nomenclature call out on the TSB. I also added that I have talked to corporate about the issues and they referred me to the dealer to get the TSB flashed on my vehicle. I do think they probably wouldn't of done it if I didn't say those things. I don't know why they're so reluctant other than it does affect your gas mileage and some people are freaks about miles per gallon.

Wow, hard to believe they’re still tweaking this stuff. My 2016 built in 11/2015 got a similar ECU update from a TSB in 2016, and it was already the 2nd or 3rd revision back then. I never had rough shifting, delays from P to R or D but did have reluctant upshifts and downshifts; it improved slightly but overall fuel economy took a hit. After 80K miles I’ve learned to live with it and use S mode more often to pick my own gears.

Is there a way to see if your vehicle falls into getting this done at the dealer or do you have to call them directly? Just purchase a 2019 and it’s having some slight shifting issues and I feel like this would resolve it.

Called the local dealer and mine was previously done in May of 2021. Should I have them flash again or just learn to accept the shifting? Again it’s not rough, just seems to be a common thing with this newer transmission in 3rd gens from what I’ve heard/read.

Called the local dealer and mine was previously done in May of 2021. Should I have them flash again or just learn to accept the shifting? Again it’s not rough, just seems to be a common thing with this newer transmission in 3rd gens from what I’ve heard/read.
I doubt a reflags would do anything. You could try disconnecting the battery for a bit and try to reset the transmission’s ECU’s learned values. The other option would be to install an aftermarket tune to address the shifting.

Sorry for the late reply, I don’t get on mud as often as I used too.

I doubt a reflags would do anything. You could try disconnecting the battery for a bit and try to reset the transmission’s ECU’s learned values. The other option would be to install an aftermarket tune to address the shifting.

Sorry for the late reply, I don’t get on mud as often as I used too.
All good @chap79. I will try the battery disconnect first and then if that doesnt "improve" I will possibly look into a tune for it .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom