Wanted Trying to find RHD shifter surround console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As stated I’m trying to track down a shifter console surround for an early model.. happy to pay shipping to aus! Know they may be around in JDM models. Anyone know where I should look? Or if anyone has any to sell from a wreck?

A7BB3678-F500-40AE-A891-61859FE54FE8.jpeg

I've chased basically every wrecker in Oz and none of them have one and it would appear that they're not made anymore. If you find two I'd be interested to know!

I've chased basically every wrecker in Oz and none of them have one and it would appear that they're not made anymore. If you find two I'd be interested to know!
Yep discontinued unfortunately, I’ve got a 1990 hdj80 so finding one for the early models is near impossible in aus. Most have been converted from auto. I know Sahara’s came with them, and some GXL’s had it as an option, so they’re out there.

I’ve messaged Dave from dvs, so if he has any leads I’ll keep you in the loop!

You may have better luck looking in the UK. There almost every 80 came with the console, you just need to find the right year.

I didn't even know this existed on RHD models, thought it was a US thing. I like not having one in mine personally, as I'm probably the only person to ever take out the centre console of my 80 and put a front bench seat back in. When my fourth child was born, I needed to make it a six seater again to fit everyone. Something like "see honey, we don't need to sell the cruiser now, we all still fit!" :D

@SNLC & @jomelo had one made, pretty sure it was a one off, but turned out awesome. Maybe they can chime in. (I know it was LHD, but mirror it perhaps)

Yep discontinued unfortunately, I’ve got a 1990 hdj80 so finding one for the early models is near impossible in aus. Most have been converted from auto. I know Sahara’s came with them, and some GXL’s had it as an option, so they’re out there.

I’ve messaged Dave from dvs, so if he has any leads I’ll keep you in the loop!
You may have better luck looking in the UK. There almost every 80 came with the console, you just need to find the right year.
I’ve used this guy to supply me in the UK, not sure if he sends international though.....

As stated I’m trying to track down a shifter console surround for an early model.. happy to pay shipping to aus! Know they may be around in JDM models. Anyone know where I should look? Or if anyone has any to sell from a wreck?

View attachment 2784878

They make an aftermarket shifter console for RHD. It's very nice!

20210801_164044.jpg

I have an OK one off my 1990 RHD donor truck. It has a number of screw holes but is intact IIRC. I imagine shipping would be pretty terrible.

I'd try posting up in the JDM/Diesel Classifieds section. More of that type of parts truck up there. I think there was one being parted out in Alberta CA recently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom