Trying to figure out what suspension to use. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ome 2866 did exactly as listed. Just over an inch. Put on iron man foams (non pro) and the ride is good.
Did you level it out with cranking tbars?. I’m leaning towards 2866 in back with LC factory shocks and factory torsion bars cranked a bit to level. Just want to make sure I can level it without losing too much wheel travel

@ suprarx7nut thanks for the airbag recommendations. I have toyed with the idea some. My air suspension experience has made me shy away from it a bit after dealing with it on my Land Rover. It’s not very often that the lx470 is driving empty it’s pretty much only used when the whole family is going somewhere and we have other vehicles for the rest of the time. So it would be ok to skew towards the firmer end of the spectrum as long as it’s not too extreme.

I'm just here to give you and your sweetie a round of applause for the 6 kids. Enjoy!

Thanks! It gets crazy at times, but I wouldn’t trade a minute of it.

Apparently the stock lc shocks accommodate a small amount of lift better than other aftermarkets that aren’t meant for a lift. I think the price at around forty bucks makes em a good buy. I’m working on my torsion bar crank but my adjustment bolts are super seized and my mechanic was being a little bitch about cranking em. But yeah leveling the front a few cranks..about an inch overall is the plan

How does the truck look, with the added lift, on the 275/70/16?
Here's a pic of my rig with the winter tires (stock size) and 1.5" lift OME heavy springs and the associated TB crank up front.

Thanks for all the reply’s to this thread! Ome 1.5” kit is on the way. Already have torn out old suspension and wire wheeled and por15 all rusty spots while access is easy.

Here's a pic of my rig with the winter tires (stock size) and 1.5" lift OME heavy springs and the associated TB crank up front.

View attachment 1927147
Nice. I'm looking at this for my next set up. I'd like a bit better performance when pulling my utility trailer VS OEM coils.

Thanks for all the reply’s to this thread! Ome 1.5” kit is on the way. Already have torn out old suspension and wire wheeled and por15 all rusty spots while access is easy.
Which 1.5" kit did you go with medium, or heavy?

I went with the medium. Trying to keep ride from being overly harsh. Will certainly update once I get it all back together.

That is the full kit with 865 rear springs, nitrocharger shocks and ome torsion bars. It’s at the Lexus dealership right now getting tires and alignment

What tires did you decide on?

I decided to go with 275/70r18 bfg k02. I’m hoping they don’t affect drivability too much.

I have those, same size, love them.

Good to hear. I have had them on my f150 for several years and they have been great. My main concern was the increase in size

My mpg is 14.5 with the increase

I only gained about. .75 inch in the front. I left about 1” of rake. Hopefully that will play easy with the cv joints.

Tires are on! Much bigger then I was expecting. Maybe should have gone 32”. Maybe it just needs sliders to balance it out.
9DB40760-9591-4244-9026-064A6278EB3C.jpeg
42F228D9-93B7-4DCF-A8D9-89D6206D80BB.jpeg

Nice tuck. Man truck! I love the galaxy mica grey lx in monotone

Thanks! It was just kind of a shock going from worn out stock tires to 33” with no running boards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom