trXus mt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thorvald

Threads
Website
www.pointyhatdesigns.com
someone offline suggested I look at super swampers instead of bfg mt's, right now all im doing is getting a spare that will fit in in the future.
did a search on here and found a couple opinions on them in the other section. something about wearing horribly and being loud.
just looking for some more opinions before deciding. not in any hurry (unless one of my tires blows :D)

TrXus are really all terrains. If you want an AT,then buy the MT/R or the BFG AT/KO.

TrXus are not real swampers. Real swampers are for real men - so obviously not suited for you. :flipoff2: just kidding. :flipoff2: :D :D :D

The Truxus MT vs the AT is the issue here.

I am purchasing the MTs this week most likely.

34x12.50x16s all around.

I will post my opinions when I have some ;)

from what ive read the mt/r's suck in mud, isnt that what Rogue had on when he had to do the field winch installation? ;)

i know from experience that the bfg a/ts suck in mud too, though nothing similar to Rogues situation has occurred yet.

have heard that the bfg mt's which is what im considering in comparison to the trxus are not so great on ice and snow.

i more need a good allround tire for the 80, takes a half hour to an hour to get into the mountains, so a lot of highway driving. wasnt considering anything but bfg's until I was told to look at those, and like the looks of them, does bfg outperform them with the m/t allaround?

I would still rather the MT/Rs than the BFG MTs. At least the MT/Rs sidewall doesn't rupture when I drive next to a twig. If you can keep a decent speed up the MT/Rs will clean themselves, but my problem was a very steep shale hill with a coating of mud. I don't think even a Swamper could have done it. Sorry Junk.

[quote author=Rogue link=board=2;threadid=4816;start=msg36805#msg36805 date=1062405805]
At least the MT/Rs sidewall doesn't rupture when I drive next to a twig. [/quote]
Just wait, and you'll see. :flipoff2: Seen many a little twiggies take out MT/R's

my problem was a very steep shale hill with a coating of mud and no nads. I am sure a Swamper could have done it. {note to the not so bright (like Cdog :flipoff2: - this quote was obviously edited by the Junkster) :flipoff2:
:flipoff2:

Swamper would have gotten you right up and out Rogue - of course you wouldn't have a winch then. :flipoff2:

Thorvald - you just gotta compare apples to apples dude. You want something all around or something with max traction. You can't have both. It's not allowed. :flipoff2:

If you want one set, and a little more highway and longer lasting, then the BFG AT/KO. If you want something a tad more aggressive, but won't last as long and still not king of trail, then the MT/R is your choice. If you don't care about the street and simply want awesome trailness, then get a swamper (TSL, SX or Irok).

Quote:
[Junks]problem was ... no nads. I am sure a School Girl could have done it. {note to the not so bright (like Cdog - this quote was obviously edited by the Junkster) (re-edited by C Dog)}

Since you've decided to bring me into this-- Junk, didn't you have those big swampers on your rig earlier this year when you marred your truck in the mud and snapped a couple of birfs? ;)
Curran (AKA C Dog)

my problem was a very steep shale hill with a coating of mud and no nads. I am sure a Swamper could have done it. {note to the not so bright (like Cdog - this quote was obviously edited by the Junkster)

That is hilarious. I laughed so hard that I shed a couple of tears...

Curran - granted we call you lots of names :flipoff2:, but in this case Cdog = Cdan.

Rogue - :flipoff2: :D :D Wasn't sure if you'd see that or not. :flipoff2: :D :D :D :D

[quote author=DanKunz link=board=2;threadid=4816;start=msg36858#msg36858 date=1062437375]
Is everyone sure they are getting the right tire here?

The TruXus MT being compared to a BFG AT KO?

Sure you don't mean the Truxus STS?

http://www.intercotire.com/trexus_mud_terrain-600.jpg

This is what I am talking about for my 80...
[/quote]

I was talking about the MT, comparing it to the bfg mt's not sure how the at kos got involved.
wonder if anyones actually ran the truxus mt's ?

[quote author=thorvald link=board=2;threadid=4816;start=msg36958#msg36958 date=1062478059]
I was talking about the MT, comparing it to the bfg mt's not sure how the at kos got involved.
wonder if anyones actually ran the truxus mt's ?[/quote]

I AM TALKING ABOUT THE POS MT's. You don't want a lie right? Just because something is called an MT doesn't mean it is one. Shees - do a search for fat chick and bet what you find on the net ain't something you'd consider a chick. Maybe a cow, but no chick. Same farm though. ::) :flipoff2:

Junk, so what you are saying is you don't like the Truxus MT? :D

*ducks*

[quote author=DanKunz link=board=2;threadid=4816;start=msg37074#msg37074 date=1062514803]
Junk, so what you are saying is you don't like the Truxus MT? :D *ducks*[/quote]
Actually I do like it for guys like Tyler. :flipoff2: :D

Just it's more like an allterrain. There's no way I'd even let my son ride in a tire swing made out of one.

Then again, you're talking to the guy that's having shirts made up for kids that says "Your momma drives a heep" :flipoff2:

Junk, are you saying youd take a AT ko over a bfg "mt"?
i have the at and for what they are theyre great.
have heard good things about the bfg "mt"s though

how are the tsl's on the highway :D i know i know i cant have it all in one

are the mtrs better in the snow and ice than bfg's?
one of the reasons the guy that told me to look at trx's was is that bfgs air down poorly

I was toying with LTBs vs. the TruXus MTs but the LTBs are bias and I drive mine daily.

MTRs are an option (expensive one) and don't come in the 34" size I would like to run.

I am giving the MTs a chance, they can't be that bad for the mild wheeling I will be doing over the next year or two.

[quote author=thorvald link=board=2;threadid=4816;start=msg37113#msg37113 date=1062518726]
...bfgs air down poorly
[/quote]

That's not all they do poorly though...

[quote author=thorvald link=board=2;threadid=4816;start=msg37113#msg37113 date=1062518726]
Junk, are you saying youd take a AT ko over a bfg "mt"?
i have the at and for what they are theyre great.
have heard good things about the bfg "mt"s though

how are the tsl's on the highway :D i know i know i cant have it all in one

are the mtrs better in the snow and ice than bfg's?
one of the reasons the guy that told me to look at trx's was is that bfgs air down poorly
[/quote]

I've run the stock LTX, [gay]MT/R[/gay] :flipoff2:, AT KO and bias ply TSLs all at highway speed, all in rain, all in snow, all dry pavement, all rocks and all mud. TSL kicks fuzz. LTX wicked suck. MT/R and AT KO to me handle the same in almost all conditions.

Seriously, if one tire, then either MT/R or the second choice (far down) would be the AT KO. You'll never be totally happy with one set of tires though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom