TrXus MT 38.5 X 14.5R-16LT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ809496TLC

80 series addict
Threads
In the market for a new set of mud tires and was looking at this one. Anybody running these tires and would like to share their experiences? TIA

In the market for a new set of mud tires and was looking at this one. Anybody running these tires and would like to share their experiences? TIA

Was just about to post regarding something to replace mine. Same experience as others: wear too fast, pretty good in snow, tough, chunk some, quiet, smooth, can be hard to balance, fine in mud.

Not sure I'd get them again. Snow performance and quiet ride were the best attributes IMO.

I ran them in 32" (LT235/85R16) on my Trooper. I've considered putting the 32's on my Cruiser. I found them quieter than the BFG Mud Terrains I've had, but certainly louder than any street pattern tires I've run. Wear has been OK for me, but I hardly drive. I have about 10k miles on them, in the last 6 years. I think the tread is about 30-40% used. I wasn't too impressed with their traction on dirt. Not terrible, but I had challenges on obstacles at Hollister Hills, that hadn't seemed challenging with other tires. I got a lot of compliments on how they look. Treaded sidewalls certainly *look* offroad-y.

Last edited:
Had a set on my sas 4runner, they were a great tire IMO. They lasted 40k/kms were quiet for an mt and worked great in snow and mud. Mine seemed to be easy to balance and measured tru to advertised size 35x12.5r15. If I was going mt on my LX they would be top of my list.

14.5 is a pretty wide tire IMO can you find something in a 13.5 flavor? Thats really all I have to contribute, sorry.

Thanks for all the replies. I just like the look and feel of the wider tires. Currently running several sets of 38s with 14.5" and wider.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom