TRX Suspension Fitness Training (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For anyone interested in fitness training at home, check out TRX.

We have been experimenting at Energy Fitness with the product for two months and I recently got certified through the TRX trainer program. Clients that have been using this system for one month or more have seen noticeable improvements in overall strength and specifically, core strength and stability. We are finding that a combination of free-weight training and TRX produces excellent results

TRX is a simple piece of equipment that involves functional training techniques and works the body in a very fluid manner that is challenging and feels great. Exercising on this equipment forces the user to utilize multiple muscle groups and recruiting muscles which are usually left out of conventional seated machine based exercises. It was developed by one of our Marines as a means to develop and maintain a high level of fitness while in the field. The system is being used by all branches of the Military, professional athletes, a growing number of fitness gyms across the country, MMA fighters, and folks at home. The equipment can be set up in minutes and can be taken with you anywhere.

This equipment is suitable for beginners to pro-level athletes. While it is easy to set up and use, you need to be very careful to use correct form and appropriate body positions as the risk of injury is there.

An ideal companion to TRX training would be some type of cardio exercise such as brisk walking, running, swimming, or cycling. For indoor training, a treadmill or stationary bike can provide excellent workouts. The combination of strength and cardio fitness training creates ideal stresses on the body for maximizing weight loss, improving endurance, and gaining overall body strength.

Fitness Anywhere - Home of TRX and Suspension Training

FAQ -
Fitness Anywhere - Home of TRX and Suspension Training

No affiliation with TRX or Fitness Anywhere.

If any YTers decide to pick up one for home use, I’d be happy to spend some time with you at the gym to get you started right.

Cruiser content: You can hook it up to your Toyota so your workouts won’t keep you away from your baby. :D

looks like a tow strap with handels, I dont buy it. :flipoff2:

If you want some real exercise, ill give any YT'ers a job, that way they will make money, get a tan, AND get in shape :p

Isn't that the same device that Seinfeld's father hooked onto Kramer's doorknob so he could work out? If you like Seinfeld that much then just say so.

I'm out of breath just hacking through all the sarcasm. A least it's not a Thigh Master. :flipoff2:

looks like a tow strap with handels, I dont buy it. :flipoff2:
True...and you don't have to. You could use it to attach to your bumper and go skitchin'. :hillbilly:

Isn't that the same device that Seinfeld's father hooked onto Kramer's doorknob so he could work out? If you like Seinfeld that much then just say so.
Not quite, but Kramer is a model of fitness.

:meh:

if there is any chance of strangulation I'll take one for my wife.

i don't care who you are thats just to dam funny.....that was joke right :D:D

Interesting. It looks like a combination of Juan Carlos’s band training and old school strap/cable training. Nothing new, just elements of something that’s been around packaged differently. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not inferring that you can’t get a good work out from it, I’m just saying I’ve seen variations of it before. In the MMA, Thai Boxing, and Filipino combative systems I teach I use a combination of body weight exercises, free weights, band training, and footwork drills that work core, cardio, and strength systems. The key for training focusing on fighting, Law enforcement, and self defense is to use exercises that emphasize the types of resistance and movements one would encounter is these areas. For example, doing a push up/press on the straps would be great for working the core muscles for stabilization and strength. I think using a stability ball (that’s trying to move in all directions) in a similar fashion is a little more effective in simulating the movements encountered from a resisting opponent

Anyway, sorry to ramble. I’m sure it’s a good work out, just saying I’ve seen similar elements before.

William

Interesting. It looks like a combination of Juan Carlos’s band training and old school strap/cable training. Nothing new, just elements of something that’s been around packaged differently. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not inferring that you can’t get a good work out from it, I’m just saying I’ve seen variations of it before. In the MMA, Thai Boxing, and Filipino combative systems I teach I use a combination of body weight exercises, free weights, band training, and footwork drills that work core, cardio, and strength systems. The key for training focusing on fighting, Law enforcement, and self defense is to use exercises that emphasize the types of resistance and movements one would encounter is these areas. For example, doing a push up/press on the straps would be great for working the core muscles for stabilization and strength. I think using a stability ball (that’s trying to move in all directions) in a similar fashion is a little more effective in simulating the movements encountered from a resisting opponent

Anyway, sorry to ramble. I’m sure it’s a good work out, just saying I’ve seen similar elements before.

William
Hey William,

Agreed, some old and effective principles in a new package.

Great looking gym you have there! I marvel at the fitness level of MMA athletes and think that they are some of the pound-for-pound strongest and most flexible athletes out there.

What's the story with band training? Sounds interesting.

a little off topic but I met a machine operator today while on a job. She was on crutches and her leg was all bandaged up. I jokenly asked if it was work related to my machine and her reply was she hurt herself running a 100 mile marathon. A HUNDRED MILE MARATHON!! Holy s***! She said it took her 27 hours to complete and the leg was fractured from it and it happened around mile number 50.

I'm still blown away at the fact she did this. I doubt I could run a 100 yards.

Anyone else hear of this sort of thing.

I knew a guy that was really into the 100-mile runs. Just for fun this guy would go and run all day, I mean like 8 hours+ at a pace of around 7 mins/mile. He said that he would stop a couple times during the 100 mile races to eat a little and change shoes but that was about it. Hell of nice guy but clearly nuts...

Hey William,

Agreed, some old and effective principles in a new package.

Great looking gym you have there! I marvel at the fitness level of MMA athletes and think that they are some of the pound-for-pound strongest and most flexible athletes out there.

What's the story with band training? Sounds interesting.

Sorry for the late reply. This would be a good place to start:

Product - Superband Training DVD

One of my students who is now the strength and fitness coach for Kenny Florian turned me onto it. Something so simple can really kick your butt.:D

William

if Dave can bare his sole on the board I figure I can too.
I have been into fitness pretty much my hole life. being a diabetic it's part of the battle. I feel I am in tune with my system on such a high level that i feel my system runs better then most non diabetic people. its this my mind set that keeps me going. I have an amazing team of proffessionals keeping me on track and honest. I have appointments every 3 months at Joslin Clinic in Boston. yesterday was one such day of appointments in which I saw my nurse, whom I discuss trends in blood sugars and whats working and whats not (for me it helps to say it out loud) my diet is a total Carb/insulin ratio regime, I count everything. then I saw a exercise physiologist to discuss how to train effectively and changing up insulin dosage and food intake to following work outs with Whey protien.
I was not always so insanly vigilant and self critical of my diet and diabetes management. After my first year of college which was just way to much fun I started to train in Akido and slowly through the years have learned the self discipline through it and later iaido to manage my system at its peak performance level. Some of these mind skills are what saw me through a 3+ year restoration of my current Daily driver land cruiser. I don’t get to train in Akido anymore but train as much as tiem will allow in iaido to keep my form. But it all comes back to managing the system.
And then I had a training session in TRX with a new fitness team member Randy. those on the fence about how or what to use to get into shape, and stay that way, this is a great tool. I had picked up a system a month ago and while i was getting the hang of it having someone walk through the exercises and provide feed back to your form was extremely helpful. My exercise regimen is a bit scattered through out the day in that its got to fit around work and family. I ride my bike to work and home at lunch this provides good cardio and I go to the gym after work for 30 minutes then head home and take the dog for a 45 minute walk/adventure so I try to get an hour to 2 of exercise a day. This keeps the system running breaking it up though out the day has actually made it better in that if I miss one of the elements for some reason the day is not lost. I see the TRX working in conjuction with my weight training, and having the added bonus ability to fill in on days where I simply can’t get to the gym and I am left to my own devices at home. I plan to take it to hawaii with me and set it up where ever I can (which is not hard to do.)
I read back through this thread (took me awhile to find it again) and all those who are in the Boston area and, don't take Randy up on his toturial are crazy.

Thanks Randy

Anytime Jason & fun workout. Nice job riding through the winter...you must have some pretty thick skin or some nice winter riding gear. I'll be on the spin bike 'till March :rolleyes:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom