True Blue Touring FJ55 🐷 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, thought i'd start a thread to share some bits from my build.

My brother, a few mates and I run small instagram & youtube pages where we post videos and photos of our trips and builds.

My current build is a 1977 FJ55 which I picked up at the start of COVID in Sydney (April 2020).

Ive been working hard on it since, utilising the time in lockdowns to work on the build.

The plan is to put the motor and gearbox out of an FZJ80 (1FZ engine).

Since my car had been partially wrecked already with engine mounts cut off and various bits missing, ill be using as much 80 series stuff as possible.

Full wiring Loom, dash cluster, brake booster & master, clutch master etc.

We post regular updates on INSTAGRAM and i've just put up a few videos on youtube, more to come soon :)

PART 1 - Intro:

PART 2 - Panel Rust:

IMG_6307.JPG

Also doing a disk brake front conversion from a late model FJ45 and hopefully a rear diff from a HZJ75.

Then also looking into putting full 75 series suspension under the beast too.

Reading through posts on that one now, if anyone has some good information on this please send it through :)

Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to seeing this 55 back on the road and the trails!

a 75 has the same suspension as an 80, right? My plan was to put 80 front in my Pig but the logistics of that while keeping my frame and axle the same made it so I really had to create it all myself. All I used was the radius arms at that point. I am thinking about the rear suspension from an 80 next. It will be a ways down, I have other mods that need to come first.

I cant wait to watch your videos later.

a 75 has the same suspension as an 80, right? My plan was to put 80 front in my Pig but the logistics of that while keeping my frame and axle the same made it so I really had to create it all myself. All I used was the radius arms at that point. I am thinking about the rear suspension from an 80 next. It will be a ways down, I have other mods that need to come first.

No. 75 has leaf springs on all four corners. 80 has coils. Not sure about a 79. I think it has coils in front and leaf springs in rear?

Also doing a disk brake front conversion from a late model FJ45 and hopefully a rear diff from a HZJ75.

Then also looking into putting full 75 series suspension under the beast too.

Reading through posts on that one now, if anyone has some good information on this please send it through :)

Several of us have 75 springs under our pigs. Rear hanger has to be moved back but I think the front drops right in.

Nah, there pretty different mate, the 80 is much wider and its coils all round, whereas the 75 is leafs.

There's a bloke in Tassie putting a whole 55 onto an 80 chassis. Have to shorten the chassis to do that though.

There's a bloke in Tassie putting a whole 55 onto an 80 chassis. Have to shorten the chassis to do that though.
G'day! only need 140mm out of the chassis. you and your bro should of grabbed 2 80 donors!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom