Truck won't turn over (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
members.shaw.ca
I got into my truck this morning (BJ42) and it wouldn't turn over. I didn't even hear the usual beaping when you turn the key. I knew my batteries were on their way out, so I fugured it was that and bought some new ones. After I installed them, there was still nothing. I checked to see if the wiring was ok and checked the fuses but everything seemed ok. Anyone run into this problem in the past?

I got into my truck this morning (BJ42) and it wouldn't turn over. I didn't even hear the usual beaping when you turn the key. I knew my batteries were on their way out, so I fugured it was that and bought some new ones. After I installed them, there was still nothing. I checked to see if the wiring was ok and checked the fuses but everything seemed ok. Anyone run into this problem in the past?

Does anything else have power? If not check the fusible links near the battery.

The only thing I checked was the headlights and now only the driver side light works. I'll have to look into it more because the passenger light is brand new. I'll check the fusible links and see what's going on. Also, when I turn the key nothing happens. It's like there's no batteries at all. bigbrowndog suggested I check to see if I have any power at all going to the starter. I'll give that a shot when I get home from work. Thanks

Problem solved. I removed a piece of fabric insulation/cover from a wire coming off the fusible link and found that it melted off some how. I replaced it with some new thicker gauge wire and she started right up. Never has something so easy made me scratch my head so much :eek: . Thanks for the advice :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom