Truck trying to start itself!! Help please. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I walked out this morning and my truck was randomly trying to start. It's like someone is just hitting the ignition and letting up. The motor isn't turning over.

Last night was really wet and I hit a fee puddles on the road that I couldn't miss. The truck also had an aftermarket alarm system that is now disabled but still on the truck.

Another thing that started happening last night that could or may not be related is the switch that turns the lights off when you open the door quit working intermittenly. It works occasionally and then other times it doesn't.

I'm at a loss. Anyone?

It's 94 80 series.

starter contacts? See faq.

I walked out this morning and my truck was randomly trying to start. It's like someone is just hitting the ignition and letting up. The motor isn't turning over.

Last night was really wet and I hit a fee puddles on the road that I couldn't miss. The truck also had an aftermarket alarm system that is now disabled but still on the truck.

Another thing that started happening last night that could or may not be related is the switch that turns the lights off when you open the door quit working intermittenly. It works occasionally and then other times it doesn't.

I'm at a loss. Anyone?

It's 94 80 series.

So, how is the truck trying to start but not turning over? I am confused. The first thing to do is disconnect the battery if you haven't already.

Sounds like a starter relay, ignition switch, or contacts as stated above.

Dan

What I meant by that was imagine turning the key just until I connects and letting off. The fan moves
less than a quarter rotation.

I am unable to reproduce the error it just happens irratically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom