Truck avenger carb question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There is a vacuum hose that runs from the carb to the dist. It was in bad shape and cracked. Would this play a part in my 350 running rich/MPG. Thanks for any info.

what size carb the 470 or the 670. the 670 is a little big i needed to change jets. it still runs a little rich and i get about 8-10 miles to a gallon. my motor is midly built. i also change the acc pump spring. i disconnected the vacuun advance and went with a manuel advance.

Last edited:
Sagesniper said:
There is a vacuum hose that runs from the carb to the dist. It was in bad shape and cracked. Would this play a part in my 350 running rich/MPG. Thanks for any info.

Sagesniper, that is your vacuum advance hose. As the engine rpms run up, "vacuum" increases in the throttle body, causing the timing to advance. This will definately affect MPG. Put on a new hose if you haven't already. I would re-set/check base timing at spec rpm for the 350 engine. Hope this helps.

Hey feildsken
how many jet sizes did you have to go down?
Has anyone else had much trouble with these carbs bogging down at low revs?:frown:
I run a small aussie v8 in my FJ40 (4.2) and a 470 avenger and any thing under 1800RPM and she bogs down and i can't get a thing out of it unless i change down and get the revs up to 2000RPM:bang::bang:

i have a midly built 350/320 hp. I have a 670 on mine. I changed the primary squirter to a 25 from a 28 and changed the accel pump and spring. did not changed the main jet. i also blocked the vacuum advance and went with mechcanical advance. i know yours is a smaller carb so i dont think this will help. The truck avenger does and will run rich nothing you can do about it. Thats the way its built to handle the hills. i also set the timming at 38 total

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom