truck at dealer - bent torsion bar? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I feel like i should have done this myself, but I am real short on time right now due to my job. Our new to us (purchased on Monday) '02 LC non AHC is at the dealer getting new TB, WP etc. I also asked them to turn up the torsion bars an inch or so. They just called and said the driver side was adjusted up with no problem, but the passenger side is already cranked all the way & the bar itself is bent? Is this possible on a 160k mile rig thats likely never been on anything other than a dirt/gravel road? Or do we think it just needs to be re-indexed and the tech isnt that savy? I am printing out Gunneys 'how to' it and taking it up to the dealer with me now to see.

If it does need to be replaced, he wants like $680 for 1 OEM torsion bar - thats just parts. He did say if I can get him an OME or other bars then they will install for the price he already quoted me ($450 including a lifetime alignment). Whats the consensus, dont over-think this and OME bars as good as anything else available?

DM me, I'm in Round Rock and already have another MUD member coming to pick up a skidplate!

dealer just called - they actually have 3 100's in for service right now and it was the one next to mine - tech got a little confused on whose was whose. Some other poor bastard is going to have to deal with this, but it sounds like its a ranch truck that they are turning into a 'dune buggy'. I didn't see how I had could have a bent torsion bar as well as this thing drives / tracks down the highway.

3 100s all in the same shop? Odds are very very improbable unless it's RPM or Otramm. Also I have never heard of a bent torsion bar. A bent torsion bar would result in a minimum of frame damage

Issue solved, OP should probably lock thread .....

You can put the full weight of a 100 on the torsion bar. It is a very sturdy bar.

If you jump it, not so much.

Bump stops hit first. Then the mount rips off the a-arm. Indexing issue to that persons 100 from the factory. Not really an issue. They put them in adjust preload and move on, with the splines It gives them about 6 to pick from to achieve ride height.

Bump stops hit first. Then the mount rips off the a-arm. Indexing issue to that persons 100 from the factory. Not really an issue. They put them in adjust preload and move on, with the splines It gives them about 6 to pick from to achieve ride height.

This doesn't relate to what I said. I'm not sure why I was quoted. You described re-indexing.

What I said was - if you are off roading, and come down on a rock with your torsion bar, it can support the weight of the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom