craigslist Troutdale: 1997 FZJ80 - not mine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Outside Link
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/troutdale-1997-toyota-land-cruiser-40th/7302886714.html
I live in Seattle and wanted to know if anyone had taken a look at this cruiser?

Anyone have thoughts on the price?

I am on the hunt for a 95 to 97 cruiser in the PNW.

I live in Seattle and wanted to know if anyone had taken a look at this cruiser?

Anyone have thoughts on the price?

I am on the hunt for a 95 to 97 cruiser in the PNW.

That seems like a <10k truck with that rust, but I'm not sure how calibrated my judgement is with the current market.

I definitely feel like it's high. It's obviously not moved on CL in weeks. I certainly wouldn't pay 13k for it. But, it is a 40th anniversary edition.

I haven't seen it in person, the pics make it look like there is a significant amount of rust, but sometimes pictures in the dark make things look really rough. So, figured I'd see what others thought about it.

I've seen worse, but you're going to break a lot of bolts when maintaining things under that truck. Also, look at those bags of cloves and spices hanging near the hood hinges. You're going to need to clean the mouse nest out of the HVAC fan and the AC condenser box. Ask me how I know.

the escondido rig looks great. the portland one? i'd pass. drew - hit me up, i just moved back to SEA, happy to chat and get together.

Looks like a pretty strait rig, but it needs a massive detail, a new hatch, and leather. The mechanicals seem to be sorted if done right. That is high miles and needs big bucks in paint and interior so I think it holds the price back a bit closer to the $10k range.

A professional detail job on that rig would have made the seller some money. In its current state, I say $10k max.

ran a carfax on the escondido rig. 7 owners. last two owners sold it after putting in less than 5k miles each. not sure what the story is, but seems like there may be some mechanical issues there.

That rust will never go away! Walk away from this one and wait for another they come along regularly in Oregon.

Pass on the first one.

Second looks good. To me the amount of owners doesn't matter. It looks clean
Especially if they have all of the documentation from the engine swap

ran a carfax on the escondido rig. 7 owners. last two owners sold it after putting in less than 5k miles each. not sure what the story is, but seems like there may be some mechanical issues there.
An 80, especially at this age with worn out steering joints and spongy breaks, is not for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom