Trouble removing #2 fuel pipe at rear engine hanger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to remove the fuel delivery rail, I have everything off, but cannot seem to loosen the bolt that runs from the fuel pump to the #2 pipe behind the valve cover, near the #6 cylinder

The manual appears to show this bolt as the thing to disconnect
IMG_2059.jpeg

This is a close up photo of this from the manual

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 1.31.48 PM.png

Manual just says this

REMOVE N0.1 FUEL PIPE AND N0.2 FUEL PIPE WITH ENGINE HANGER
  1. (a) Disconnect the fuel and vacuum hoses.
  2. (b) Remove the pulsation damper and two gaskets.
  3. (c) Remove the two bolts and No.2 fuel pipe with en- gine hanger.

I am trying a 19mm and 14mm wrench but the 14mm bolt is gonna round off if i keep going.

Is this reverse threaded, or am i removing the wrong part or is there an easier spot? Also nearly impossible to work in this spot at the rear of the engine in the middle 😡

Normal thread. Sometimes I use a long 6-point box end wrench and tap the end of the wrench with a hammer - same basic effect as an impact wrench. Sometimes a cheap wrench fits a little tighter on the bolt head.

^^^
Good thoughts. Also looks like a good place to use a ‘flare wrench’. Much less of a chance to round off.

a flare nut wrench is indicated here. get a good quality one. A box end wrench won't fit on over the tube. While you are waiting for the flare nut wrench, try spraying the junction with some penetrating oil. the smaller nut should spin on the tube, so if you try the tapping trick, tap the 14mm wrench, not the 19mm.

Wasn't thinking, I thought the bolt in question was the bolt on the hanger itself :doh:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom