Trouble finding Pocket Flares for my 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This looks like a comparison she sent.

image.png

image.png

Those Monster Flares look Badass! I wonder how far off the body that set? I sent an email to them asking that exact question. The ones that Soflobumpers sells stand of the body 100mm. That about an 1" wider that stock. That's why I'm going with those. I'm not sold on the ABS yet..... Anybody have any experience in the two?

According to the pictures I have the smaller flares. For sure the other one is much wider and aggressive looking.

According to the pictures I have the smaller flares. For sure the other one is much wider and aggressive looking.
Do you have measurements on your flares? The ad I read that was your same flares (not your ad) said they stand off the body 100MM. Can you confirm this? Thx!

My flares are out of stock until July 15, I'll have the measurements then. But this is the exact set / style that I have.

image.jpeg

Ok, so I heard back from Snake. They say the Monster Flares stand off the body 95mm. The pictures shown of the Monster Flares looks to be more than that. The flares from the eBay auction that I posted original clearly state that their flares stand off the body 100mm. Yet they look smaller.

Now, I'm totally confused. Sloflobumpers is going to get me measurements when his flares come into his stock. Maybe it's the point of measurement that I'm not being clear about?? Seems fairly simple to me. Using a level to plumb up from the outside edge of the flare and measure back to the body. Right?

I'm just trying to eliminate any margins of error so that all the information given here is accurate.

I'll clarify with Snake, and hang tight for Sloflobumpers measurements. I'll post my findings.

~Rookie

any update on the size of the the flares?

Sweet! Let me know how you make out with no instructions and those screws..... The fenders look Rad though.
lol, that bad huh. cant be worse than the ebay snorkel. the only reason i bought some was to hide some major body damage that honestly would need the rear quarter panel cut off and replaced. we fixed what we could with a stud welder and bondo but the part need the tire is messed up bad.

well my review is they suck, BAD.

they fit ok i guess, no template so it took 2 people to put them on. one to hold it up and force it into shape (slightly twisted) and the other to mount them. no holes drilled in the flares either so nothing to guide us. we got it but would have been nice to pre-drill the holes with a template.

they are a little stiff and i can see them busting when i hit a tree with them. no real give like in the kut snake videos.

the package was a joke. looked like 4 random boxes taped together.

for 250ish i could see them being ok but 400 is just way too much. i will be going with something a bit higher quality for my other cruiser when i get around to it.

There are only 2 types of pocket flares available for land cruiser 80. The ones I sell & the ones kut snake sells. They are both made in China and both very very similar material and quality.
So there is nothing else out there, unless custom made.
I'm sorry that you are not satisfied with the product. If you had let me know, I would have resolved this. You're the only disappointed customer I have to date so I would have gladly resolved this.

The packaging is standard for most fender flare companies.

Please check out the thread -
92 FJ80 Pocket Fender Flares

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom