Troopy roof rack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
So I'm moving my 2200 rooftent over the Troopy (from the 80) and started thinking how nice it would be to have a full-size roof rack on which to not just mount the rooftent but other odds & ends.

Does anyone commercially make a properly sized rack for the likes of the Troopy roof?

we can if you need one, draw me up what you want..shipping will be a B$%/! but we can plop it in a container thats heading up..
do you want a ladder.
PAUL

Yeah, I think they're great and would take you up on that offer. I should first: A) talk to them to find out approx. pricing and then B) if they have options for the 1/2 the rack without side rails as to mount the rooftent.

Hey Scott,

Sorry about the slow response. I had to go out of town unexpectedly, blah blah blah. Anyway, let me get the Gobi' guys contact info & see if we can put you in touch with them. I know that a lot of their racks start out as standard racks & end up very custom, because everyone always wants something special! So they are a good choice in that respect.
Also, if we were able to line up any other Troopy owners that wanted something similar, we could probably work a group buy deal with them, which would help with pricing a lot I would think. Even if everyone had tweaks & changes, it is the time putting together the dimensions & basic framework that really costs as that can be a lot of hours of labor....
Anyway, I will get their info & let you know.
Best,
abe

So I'm moving my 2200 rooftent over the Troopy (from the 80) and started thinking how nice it would be to have a full-size roof rack on which to not just mount the rooftent but other odds & ends.

Does anyone commercially make a properly sized rack for the likes of the Troopy roof?

I build fully custom racks, your width, your length. All extruded aluminum and stainless; you can't buy a nicer rack, period. PM me if you are interested. I've got pics in the vendor's section on top of a G-wagen. Custom sides and many accessories.

I know someone who had a custom one done including side armor on a soft top model and it cost $3k. Nice rack though!

I know someone who had a custom one done including side armor on a soft top model and it cost $3k. Nice rack though!

Don't suppose you have any pics? I have always wanted to put a soft top onto my troopy but have never been able to figure out how you could do it AND have a rack. But i want the rack for storage on long trips & such...

Thanks,
Abe

Thanks theMule & everyone. I'll go out and measure and even post up here for size validation and future reference.

theMule, got an email you can provide? I don't see one on your website?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom