Troopy help in Washington !!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello folks,

Newbie here, and working hard to get my hands on a troop carrier. Never seen one in real life, only pictures. Wife would love to see one and get a general idea on how noisy the interior is. I'm hooked.

We drive a 97 crewcab powerstroke now, so a troopy can'y be too much worse than that....

i live in snohomish, and will gladley buy lunch for your time.

give me an email please, appriciate your assistance.

kcuhc1@mail.com

chuck
:steer::steer:

My diesel '80 HJ47 started about 1.5 X louder inside then my wifes '77 FJ40. I put more sound dampening material on the hood, firewall and floor. Painted the inside with roll on bed liner. We can now carry on a conversation without raising our voice to much. The ride is very stiff until you get about 1500 lbs in it. We have done 3 hour drives and don't feel too rattled. I tend to drive it around town more than the '02 100. Does well off road, just stay out of deep mud. (Pg 14 in the Jan Toyota Trails) You have a few clubs up your way ( TLCA: Chapters and clubs ) Ask around and someone might have one in your area. PM me if you have any question.

Take a drive down to Olympia and I'll give you both for a ride in my FJ40. PM me if interested.

Best Regards,

Contact Bull here on MUD.

He lives in the same area as you and has/had a very impressive LandCruiser Collection including a diesel troopy or two.

Bullington Speed and Custom is probably in your local phone book.

Bull is down to only 3 cruisers now 45, 80, and 100 series.

I know that Dave Zartman from 4WD Toyota owners mag has a troopy he got this last year. Contact him, I am sure he would be down to give you a ride.

Here is his email: davidz(at)4wdtoyotaowner.com

later
Ryan

Last edited:
Happy to, and he emailed me. Hopefully we can work something out!

My troopy with 2.5" OME, Vortec, 3:73 diffs, 5 speed, power steerign/air con and camper interior is a very comfortable ride. My wife and I have driven it all over the place, and it is great fun. Fuel economy is not its strong point, but you will never cease to attract crowds at the gas station.

It is smoother than my 84 FJ40, no doubt about it.

Josh

Thanks all for the support.

I hooked up with David and planning on syncing up with him here in April. Great forum, great folks. thanks all.

looking forward for my troopy. i also pinged our local seattle cruiser club. working on that as well.

thanks again folks!!

chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom