Troopy cargo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is the back of a troopy bigger than a regular 4 door or is it just an illusion due to the seats? Basically if I rip out the backseat of a troopy vs a regular will I have the same amount of space in either?

different wheel base

After SWB (70/71) and MWB (73/74), it gets a little muddy here. I always think the 76/77 is the next step being LWB.

Troopy and truck (75/78) of course falls into LWB as well. No?

While not directly related to cargo capacity I was under the impression that the 79 Series pickup has the longest frame
with the Troopy being next in the lineup.

While not directly related to cargo capacity I was under the impression that the 79 Series pickup has the longest frame
with the Troopy being next in the lineup.

I knew I forgot something. The 79. So many variants. Supposedly there is even 72 as well.

According to the video I posted, it's an almost 10" wheelbase difference between the two. Now what years that entails, I"m not sure without diggin around.

I should read the entire thread before I post. Didn't realize it was about the difference between the "wagon" and the "troopy". Lets just say long and longer.

If you’re one of those “overlander guys” and you can’t fit your stuff in the back of a 77 Series you’re doing something wrong. :)

If you’re one of those “overlander guys” and you can’t fit your stuff in the back of a 77 Series you’re doing something wrong. :)
i mean, not all of us can stay at a hotel :) true... all you need is your hilton honors card when you go camping

Well, with no seats in the back of the troopy, you have a 7 foot distance from behind the driver seat to the rear door. Width is a little over 4 feet. It has replaced my my 80 series and pickup truck. Hope that helps.

I don't have a link under hand but I always saw the 76/77 referred as MWB, not LWB.
And 79 as "very LWB".

So in the end you have :
  • SWB
  • MWB 2dr
  • MWB 4dr
  • LWB van
  • LWB pickup SC
  • very LWB pickup SC & DC

We're just now getting our Troopy into the shakedown part of the build...so getting some time behind the wheel. That thing is enormous inside. I feel like I'm driving around in a bus.

Is the back of a troopy bigger than a regular 4 door or is it just an illusion due to the seats? Basically if I rip out the backseat of a troopy vs a regular will I have the same amount of space in either?

The interior cabin size of the Troopy.

The distance from the back of driver seat to the rear doors is about 80 inches.

Side Wall to side Wall is 57.5 inches.

Wheel well to wheel well is 40.5 inches.

Floor to ceiling is 50.5 inches

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom